“Gears of War: Ultimate Edition” Comes With Entire “Gears” Collection For Free

Started by the-pi-guy, Aug 03, 2015, 07:29 PM

previous topic - next topic

darkknightkryta

So let me get this right.  Buy an uglier version of the original game (Unless it looks a lot better now), and get the better looking original + rest?  Tell me why I need to buy an Xbox One for this?  I mean, unless I never owned a 360 before.

the-pi-guy

Think it's pretty cool that they are doing this.  

So let me get this right.  Buy an uglier version of the original game (Unless it looks a lot better now), and get the better looking original + rest?  Tell me why I need to buy an Xbox One for this?  I mean, unless I never owned a 360 before.
I think it mostly looks better.  
Because you never owned a 360 before.  

kitler53

the remake is clearly better looking on a technical level minus perhaps a few details.     ...and giving out the old games is a pretty good pre-order bonus if you ask me.  i'd certainly be happy about that if i were buying this game.

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

darkknightkryta

Think it's pretty cool that they are doing this.  
I think it mostly looks better.  
Because you never owned a 360 before.  
I've owned two :P.  My other one is at my friend's.  He borrowed it cause his 360 broke and he wanted to play through Gears 3.  

If you think this:

looks better than this:

then I really don't know what to say.

the-pi-guy

I've owned two :P.  My other one is at my friend's.  He borrowed it cause his 360 broke and he wanted to play through Gears 3.  

If you think this:

looks better than this:

then I really don't know what to say.
I'm not a fan of grey.  
I never played Gears, this'd be a great opportunity for me.

darkknightkryta

I'm not a fan of grey.  
I never played Gears, this'd be a great opportunity for me.
There's more than grey that's a problem there.  There's no lighting in the remaster's shot, it's missing geometry, and the shaders for the water is missing.

the-pi-guy

There's more than grey that's a problem there.  There's no lighting in the remaster's shot, it's missing geometry, and the shaders for the water is missing.
I'd much rather have the color than any of that.  

Legend

Cool idea.

Good way to add value, and good way to advertise backwards compat.

7H3

I thought the ultimate edition was the old games? I don't understand what is going on here... is the ultimate edition a new game? a remaster of a singular game?
"It's hip to be square." - Eurogamer<br />"Shut up its art!" -Legend

the-pi-guy

I thought the ultimate edition was the old games? I don't understand what is going on here... is the ultimate edition a new game? a remaster of a singular game?
It's a remaster of the first game.

7H3

It's a remaster of the first game.
so the reason to buy this would apparently be the original games then lol

Legend

so the reason to buy this would apparently be the original games then lol
It's no different than Halo MCC. One of the games is remastered, while the others are just ports.

7H3

I dunno I guess i had just assumed that it was always going to be all of the titles

Legend

I dunno I guess i had just assumed that it was always going to be all of the titles
Guess you didn't pay attention when it was announced lol.