Movie Thread

Started by Dr. Pezus, May 25, 2014, 04:14 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Xevross

Talk about undeserved lol

I don't like Harry potter, but I can't deny it's genius and ingenuity. And aquaman, while not passed the line to sucking, it's on the verge.

And yes, I watched it. It's... Meh lol. Fun at times though I'll admit .
It's the fun December star wars film that we didn't get. People wanted to see a film like this at Christmas and it was the only one.

Also China loves it, which helps.

Legend

Bad times at the el royale was great. I'm surprised it didn't do better critically or commercially.

Xevross

Jan 31, 2019, 05:58 PM Last Edit: Jan 31, 2019, 06:03 PM by Xevross
2018 WORLDWIDE PERFORMANCE

• Disney - $7,325.48m
  • Warner Bros. - $5,560.69m
  • Universal - $4,884.66m
  • Sony - $3,617.72m
  • Fox - $3,472.34m
  • Paramount - $1,735.25m

Disney are the kings of the big 6, with Fox under their wing they'll be about double WB in terms of yearly gross as well. 2019 is going to be massive for Disney, but WB should also have another great year. It'll be interesting to see how Universal's Hobbs and Shaw film does, can it reach the $1B+ heights of the other films in the Fast franchise?

https://www.boxofficemojo.com/yearly/chart/?view2=worldwide&yr=2018&p=.htm

Here's the 2018 list by film. Interesting year with 5 $1B+ grossers. I expect 2019 will beat this with probably 6-7 films cracking a billy. Bohemian Rhapsody and Solo are probably the big standouts, you'd probably have them switched around if you were asked at the start of the year.

Xevross

What an awful trailer. This alone is making me want to scratch this film off the potential 2019 billy list. If this is a good reflection of the quality of the film then this could be a bomba

the-pi-guy

Feb 11, 2019, 04:22 AM Last Edit: Feb 11, 2019, 04:28 AM by the-pi-guy

What an awful trailer. This alone is making me want to scratch this film off the potential 2019 billy list. If this is a good reflection of the quality of the film then this could be a bomba
They barely showed much, and it was weird. 

This era comment is on point. 
And Genie..... WTF it's basically a fat, blue Will Smith
Jafar needs to sound more menacing.  Or menacing at all for a start... 

He looks better here.

nnodley

I think it looks ok! But i never was into alladin so i don't have any attachment to the cartoon or anything.

Xevross

I think it looks ok! But i never was into alladin so i don't have any attachment to the cartoon or anything.
Okay is quite generous imo. Let's not forget that this is a fairly big budget Disney film. It should be a lot better than this.

Dr. Pezus

Too bad. Saw the Broadway play the other day and it was very good!

Legend

Yeah that does look off, but I thought the same thing about so many recent Disney movies that ended up being mega hits.

the-pi-guy

Yeah that does look off, but I thought the same thing about so many recent Disney movies that ended up being mega hits.
I don't think the other ones were so poorly recieved though.  
Era hates it.  

Xevross

Like what? Disney hasn't really had any mega hits outside of Star Wars, Marvel, Pixar and their main animation studio and those films always look great.

the-pi-guy

Like what? Disney hasn't really had any mega hits outside of Star Wars, Marvel, Pixar and their main animation studio and those films always look great.
I assumed he was talking about Jungle Book, Beauty and the Beast, etc.  

Xevross

I assumed he was talking about Jungle Book, Beauty and the Beast, etc. 
Yes those two are the only two I thought he could be referring to. There isn't an etcetera. Unless he's a blasphemer who would speak ill of Disney animation.

Anyway, BatB was good and had decent trailers. I can't say much about Jungle Book though.

Disney films that look bad usually bomb. And they do have quite a lot of those. AWiT, Nutcracker both bombed last year for example. Poppins and Christopher Robin were also well under expectations.

the-pi-guy

Yes those two are the only two I thought he could be referring to. There isn't an etcetera. Unless he's a blasphemer who would speak ill of Disney animation.
Unless he were including Alice, Christopher Robin wasn't super successful.

Pretty sure he didn't love recent Pixar.

Xevross

Unless he were including Alice, Christopher Robin wasn't super successful.

Pretty sure he didn't love recent Pixar.
You'd never describe Pixar films as looking off though. I suppose Alice would count, but I remember thinking the Alice trailers were quite good.

Go Up