Destiny 2 on Stadia: DoA

Started by kitler53, Jun 18, 2019, 04:35 PM

previous topic - next topic

kitler53

https://www.tomshardware.com/news/destiny-2-news-google-stadia-walled-garden,39663.html

Yet the cross-platform experience will stay restricted in other ways. Bungie said that expansions have to be purchased on each platform and that matchmaking pools will still be restricted by device. That includes Stadia, with the developer explaining that "Stadia is its own ecosystem, just like current existing platforms" and confirming that "Stadia players will only be able to play with other Stadia players."

Thread title is my opinion of course.  cross-save is really the most over-hyped stupid feature imo when cross play and cross licencing isn't supported.   i'm all for cross play but we all the reality is cross licencing will never ever happen so why bother with cross save for a game that isn't entirely free-to-play.

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

Legend

https://www.tomshardware.com/news/destiny-2-news-google-stadia-walled-garden,39663.html

Yet the cross-platform experience will stay restricted in other ways. Bungie said that expansions have to be purchased on each platform and that matchmaking pools will still be restricted by device. That includes Stadia, with the developer explaining that "Stadia is its own ecosystem, just like current existing platforms" and confirming that "Stadia players will only be able to play with other Stadia players."

Thread title is my opinion of course.  cross-save is really the most over-hyped stupid feature imo when cross play and cross licencing isn't supported.   i'm all for cross play but we all the reality is cross licencing will never ever happen so why bother with cross save for a game that isn't entirely free-to-play.
Destiny 2 is at least pretty popular still and will be a pack in. Other games will be impacted much more harshly by this. By virtue of how Stadia works, it certainly isn't going to have huge player numbers on day one so I wonder how they are planning to manage that slow build.