PS5 |OT| now with PlayStation Portal

Started by the-pi-guy, Jan 29, 2020, 11:33 PM

previous topic - next topic

Linked Events

Go Down

DerNebel

What does this mean!?

Bloomberg has been super funky with their PS5 insights. Random huge leaks here and there. Does this cast doubt on the past ones, or does it confirm them since Sony never commented before?
I think it kinda depends on what those past leaks were right? I remember things about the supposed BOM cost and the number of systems they were aiming to make.

Both of those, to me at least, feel like pieces of information, which no matter how false or true they are, in the end don't really matter to the consumer. This report however included the part about the yield issue, which through the media and just general information spread, could easily be warped into "worries about the PS5's failure rate" or something similar.

That's what I believe at least, that Sony doesn't want to leave a report uncommented that could be misconstrued to mean that their consoles will be failing on people.

Xevross

I think it kinda depends on what those past leaks were right? I remember things about the supposed BOM cost and the number of systems they were aiming to make.

Both of those, to me at least, feel like pieces of information, which no matter how false or true they are, in the end don't really matter to the consumer. This report however included the part about the yield issue, which through the media and just general information spread, could easily be warped into "worries about the PS5's failure rate" or something similar.

That's what I believe at least, that Sony doesn't want to leave a report uncommented that could be misconstrued to mean that their consoles will be failing on people.
Its funny though because if that was the case they would have been adamant about the yield reports and the SOC quality. The only thing they specifically denied was the production numbers changing.

DerNebel

Its funny though because if that was the case they would have been adamant about the yield reports and the SOC quality. The only thing they specifically denied was the production numbers changing.
Dunno, they kinda denied the whole thing, saying that the provided information is false. But yeah, I guess they do specifically mention the not lowering production.

kitler53

to me this is all basically the same as when gamers believe an unnounced game has been delayed.   rumor taken as fact modified by rumor taken as fact.   maybe there is some truth there.  maybe it was just a BS rumor to begin with and the rumor was modifed to align itself with the truth because you know, two wrongs make a right...

i'm just going to ignore the whole thing.   i found whole 15 million by march thing to be pretty dang unbelievable in the first place.

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

Xevross

Its gonna be a fun few days after the showcase too. We should see the box, the back of the console, find out exact dimensions and whatever else Sony might want to share. Its hopefully going to be constant news from here on out.

Legend

Its gonna be a fun few days after the showcase too. We should see the box, the back of the console, find out exact dimensions and whatever else Sony might want to share. Its hopefully going to be constant news from here on out.
I hope they start shipping out shells for journalists. We know what PS5 looks like but outside of leaks, we've never actually seen photos of it. I doubt they'll include photos in the show tomorrow (just cgi).

Xevross

I hope they start shipping out shells for journalists. We know what PS5 looks like but outside of leaks, we've never actually seen photos of it. I doubt they'll include photos in the show tomorrow (just cgi).
Yep for sure, can't wait to see official real pictures of it.

Xevross

So we have one timed big timed exclusive announced. Surely there's more, right?

Also the gap in first parties between the competing companies is VAST. PS5 has 5 first party games for launch (2 of which on PS4 also). Xbox have 0. PS5 has 5 more first party games confirmed/ likely for 2021, xbox has a couple.

the-pi-guy

Xevross

So we still haven't seen the UI or anything for this console. We saw the back and know the dimensions at least.

Dr. Pezus

So we still haven't seen the UI or anything for this console. We saw the back and know the dimensions at least.
Dat dog tho  8)

Legend

Yeah what ports were back there? Any official pics?

Xevross

the-pi-guy

Yeah what ports were back there? Any official pics?
2 USB
1 AC
1 HDMI
1 Ethernet

Some kind of mystery thing towards the top that kind of looked like a port but could have been anything really.

DerNebel

But to at least add some positivity back in here: It definitely appears like we might not be in for another generation of 5+ years dev cycles for Sony games. Not having to start over from the get go like with a new IP, should theoretically cut out a good chunk of dev time I would guess.

Go Up