PS5 |OT| now with PlayStation Portal

Started by the-pi-guy, Jan 29, 2020, 11:33 PM

previous topic - next topic

Linked Events

Go Down

the-pi-guy

Probably not a crazy prediction.

But I expect if DS is successful, Sony will buy Bluepoint in the next few months.

Legend

Probably not a crazy prediction.

But I expect if DS is successful, Sony will buy Bluepoint in the next few months.
I wonder if bluepoint will start making original games or reimaginings like ff7.

BananaKing

I wonder if bluepoint will start making original games or reimaginings like ff7.
IMO they arent worth the purchase unless they do.

Let them make a new DS or bloodborne after this in collaboration with Japan studios. If that works out buy them

the-pi-guy

kitler53

IMO they arent worth the purchase unless they do.

Let them make a new DS or bloodborne after this in collaboration with Japan studios. If that works out buy them
i don't know,. they've shown themselves quite successful at taking other peoples gameplay/stories and rebuilding them with high quality.  there is clearly a lot of developer talent in this studio.   what's unproven is if they have anyone with the creative chops to create a new franchise/gameplay/story from scratch.   personally i think creating a new franchise that resonates with the population is much harder.   how often has a new franchise appeared to be DoA because it is "generic" or whatever.

since they've only done remasters i highly doubt there is a highly talented creative leader in their studio.  they'd probably need to hire.   i'd imagine that's not an easy position to hire.

however, they could easily be a workhorse studio where they get brought into to santa montica, naughty dog, insomianc, sucker punch, ect when they have peak loads to push games to completion faster while also working on the next remaster.   it wouldn't be an acquisition i would be all that excited for but right now sony needs to up their first party to not get overrun by xbox.   sony still have much higher quality then xbox but they are going to need more than 1 AAA game a year to keep their market position.

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

Xevross

Where's the PS5 previews at Sony?!

DerNebel

Where's the PS5 previews at Sony?!
Won't some japanese Youtubers get hands on at the end of the week?

Xevross

Won't some japanese Youtubers get hands on at the end of the week?
October 4th, but we don't even know what they can show and Japanese only would be annoying.

DerNebel

October 4th, but we don't even know what they can show and Japanese only would be annoying.
Probably playing some Astrobot again? :D

Dunno, we'll see.

Dr. Pezus

Astrobot and they can only talk about the controller lol. That would be something

Xevross

Probably playing some Astrobot again? :D

Dunno, we'll see.
Astrobot and they can only talk about the controller lol. That would be something
Yeah honestly considering 2020 Sony I would not be surprised.

Legend

Dr. Pezus

So ps5 is sold out in Iceland and stores say they won't be getting more this year. Great

the-pi-guy

So ps5 is sold out in Iceland and stores say they won't be getting more this year. Great
Tell them you're a doctor.

Dr. Pezus

Go Up