PS5 |OT| now with PlayStation Portal

Started by the-pi-guy, Jan 29, 2020, 11:33 PM

previous topic - next topic

Linked Events

Go Down

Xevross

Yeah it's a good alternative to gamepass at launch. Gives people new to playstation a great selection of old games.
Also even the average PS4 player. Attach ratio for PS4 is 11 and there's 18 games in this. I reckon at least 95% of PS4 owners have played less than 10 of the 18 games in the list, so there'll be some nice free games there for most people. Its like an amazing first month of free PS+ games, PS+ games are usually old anyway.

I personally played 10 of those games. I've been on the fence about Persona 5, TLG, Days Gone and Monster Hunter World before so I'm super happy I can play them all for free, Monster Hunter World in particular.

the-pi-guy

Era is making me hate gamers.  

Legend

Also even the average PS4 player. Attach ratio for PS4 is 11 and there's 18 games in this. I reckon at least 95% of PS4 owners have played less than 10 of the 18 games in the list, so there'll be some nice free games there for most people. Its like an amazing first month of free PS+ games, PS+ games are usually old anyway.

I personally played 10 of those games. I've been on the fence about Persona 5, TLG, Days Gone and Monster Hunter World before so I'm super happy I can play them all for free, Monster Hunter World in particular.
Yeah I'm excited for Days Gone, but it's the type of game I'd expect to see in PS+ anyway. Plus haven't a lot of these 18 games already been in PS+? I know TLOU has.
Era is making me hate Era. Gamers tend to suck online but the site's moderation has been building this for years.

kitler53

you're probably right.  i have like 300 ps4 games and even for me i'll be getting:

final fantasy XV
fallout 4
Mortal kombat X
Days Gone
Battle Field 1
Personal 5
Resident Evil 7

granted i don't have these to a certain extend i don't really want them but i'll at least try the bolded ones.

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

kitler53

Yeah I'm excited for Days Gone, but it's the type of game I'd expect to see in PS+ anyway. Plus haven't a lot of these 18 games already been in PS+? I know TLOU has.
Era is making me hate Era. Gamers tend to suck online but the site's moderation has been building this for years. 
not really.  infamous, the last of us, and until dawn afaik.

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

DerNebel

Anything specific? But yes Resetera is a trashpile of a forum. I actually don't remember when it was exactly, but some time ago I took a break from going there entirely for several months because reading it would legitimately give me headaches and ruin my mood at times.

Their moderation is a complete joke, probably because they know that keeping this trashfire going is what's driving traffic.

the-pi-guy

Anything specific? But yes Resetera is a trashpile of a forum. I actually don't remember when it was exactly, but some time ago I took a break from going there entirely for several months because reading it would legitimately give me headaches and ruin my mood at times.

Their moderation is a complete joke, probably because they know that keeping this trashfire going is what's driving traffic.
Nothing specific.  

Just the whole outrage they've had over the past few days.  

"Jim's a liar who lies about everything."
"Why are they charging $70 for a Spiderman remaster.  It should be free!!!"
"Clearly it was implied when Jim said they were going to make something for next gen, they meant everything!"

Etc, resetera, etc.  

DerNebel

Sep 18, 2020, 09:51 PM Last Edit: Sep 19, 2020, 08:46 AM by DerNebel
Nothing specific. 

Just the whole outrage they've had over the past few days. 

"Jim's a liar who lies about everything."
"Why are they charging $70 for a Spiderman remaster.  It should be free!!!"
"Clearly it was implied when Jim said they were going to make something for next gen, they meant everything!"

Etc, resetera, etc. 
Ah, ok. Yeah all of that is ridiculous. These people are just trying to be outraged at everything.

One thing's for sure, anybody who still makes comments about how "Resetera is really just Sonyera" in 2020, hasn't visited that site in ages.

Sony seems to often be treated like public enemy number 1 on Era in 2020, a lot of people are really, really not subtle about their desire to see Sony fail nowadays.

Legend

I don't mind that on era since as you said, people are not subtle. Like this thread were comments are making fun of the op. People have good reason to dislike these Sony actions but it's just console warz.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/ps5-weve-been-hoodwinked-bamboozled-led-astray-run-amok-and-flat-out-deceived.289994/

the-pi-guy

Apparently Geoff teased big PlayStation news tomorrow. But the tweet was deleted if it was ever there in the first place.

DerNebel

Apparently Geoff teased big PlayStation news tomorrow. But the tweet was deleted if it was ever there in the first place.
I saw a screenshot of that on Reddit as well. No idea if it's real and what it would be about. Seems weird that he would delete it.

Xevross

Yeah could quite easily be faked, guess that'll be proven quite soon.

DerNebel

Oh and apparently we're already back to games with no concrete release date being way off, lol.

I told someone on reddit, who said that Horizon was at least 1 to 2 years off, that he had no way of knowing that and was downvoted to oblivion for it. He replied by telling me the usual: "If Horizon was closer, they'd have shown gameplay" and "God of War can't be before 2022 because they only showed a logo".

It's like wednesday didn't happen with people still pretending like they have Sony's announcement to release strategy for games figured out.

Xevross

Oh and apparently we're already back to games with no concrete release date being way off, lol.

I told someone on reddit, who said that Horizon was at least 1 to 2 years off, that he had no way of knowing that and was downvoted to oblivion for it. He replied by telling me the usual: "If Horizon was closer, they'd have shown gameplay" and "God of War can't be before 2022 because they only showed a logo".

It's like wednesday didn't happen with people still pretending like they have Sony's announcement to release strategy for games figured out.
Yeah I mean of course things can slip but if we're given a 2021 date then its currently on track for 2021. I guess people got burned with a lot of delays this gen and this year particularly.

the-pi-guy

Where?

Go Up