TV Show Thread

Started by Dr. Pezus, May 07, 2014, 03:24 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Legend

If that's your opinion then what the fudge are you even watching GoT for any more? It was the culmination of 8 seasons of character arcs, perfect interactions between various characters and perfect sendoffs for those who seem likely to die next episode. Tied up most loose ends with various characters. Brienne being knighted is one of my favourite scenes in the entire show, so emotional and they nailed it. It was also perfect setup for the battle next episode.

What made game of thrones so amazing has been the character driven plot, the great character development and the interactions between these intelligent characters. This episode was a return to form in that regard and it nailed it.

The writing was also great, back to season 4 quality for the first time since the last two episodes of season 6. It was a brilliant episode, kind of feel sorry for you :P
That's a kinda rude response...

Sure I'll need to rewatch it since I was focused on Easter yesterday but disliking an episode isn't a bad thing.

the-pi-guy

Dr. Pezus

Indeed, it's okay to be critical even if you like the show.

Xevross

That's a kinda rude response...

Sure I'll need to rewatch it since I was focused on Easter yesterday but disliking an episode isn't a bad thing.
Yeah sorry I was getting annoyed at all the negative stuff people were saying on Era and let it out a bit on you :P

Of course its fine that you don't like it, its just a shame since a lot of people loved it. Hopefully you'll love next week's episode.

Legend

Apr 23, 2019, 02:58 PM Last Edit: Apr 23, 2019, 05:56 PM by Legend
Yeah sorry I was getting annoyed at all the negative stuff people were saying on Era and let it out a bit on you :P

Of course its fine that you don't like it, its just a shame since a lot of people loved it. Hopefully you'll love next week's episode.
yeah I was browsing the game of thrones subreddit yesterday and it added a lot of context to your post. I didn't realise there was such a divide between opinions.

Next week should be really interesting since it should tell us what direction the show will go. Is the night king going to essentially kill everyone and only a couple people will escape south? Will the night king be fully defeated and the threat in the North will be over? Will Cersei's army show up and screw over everything? The show is really preparing us for a lot of people to die next week but who knows how the heck it will actually go down. My personal bet is that Brienne of Tarth will be the one to kill the night king.

Dr. Pezus

Apr 23, 2019, 05:15 PM Last Edit: Apr 23, 2019, 06:09 PM by Dr. Pezus
Good episode and nice buildup for a huge one next week. I like that it won't just be a huge battle with how they'll use Bran to lure him into a trap. Also, are they really heavily foreshadowing Stark zombies in the crypt or what lol?

Xevross

Good episode and nice buildup for a huge one next week. I like that it won't just be a huge battle with how they'll use Bran to lure him into a trap. Also, are they really heavily foreshadowing Stark zombies in the tomb or what lol?
Yeah at this point I'll be shocked if the crypt isn't infiltrated in some way.

nnodley

Supernatural had a fantastic season finale.  Changes it up quite a bit for the last season.

Xevross

Well here's hoping in 12 hours time we'll have witnessed the greatest episode of TV in history :D

Dr. Pezus

Well here's hoping in 12 hours time we'll have witnessed the greatest episode of TV in history :D
Haha I doubt it. But it'll no doubt be very good. People will die

Xevross

Haha I doubt it. But it'll no doubt be very good. People will die
Lol well it depends what you'd consider the best episode of TV to be. But yeah it'll be tough. As long as it matches Sapochnik's best episodes (Hardhome, Battle of the Bastards and Winds of Winter) then I'll be happy.

This is what its all been leading to though, all this time and all this buildup was for this episode. If they don't nail it then it'll be disappointing for sure even if its still a very good episode.

Xevross

Episode 3 screenshots have leaked and spoilers are out there.

Legend

Episode 3 screenshots have leaked and spoilers are out there.
Time to see you on the other side!

Xevross

nnodley

HO.....LY shame!

That final sequence of events with that pretty epic new soundtrack was sooooo good

Go Up