America's favorite restaurants

Started by the-pi-guy, Apr 20, 2018, 05:19 PM

previous topic - next topic

the-pi-guy

In-N-Out is America's Favorite Burger Again (and other fast food poll results) | ResetEra

From https://www.dailynews.com/2018/04/19/in-n-out-wins-again-in-customer-loyalty-poll/(​IMG)
In-N-Out Burger is America's favorite for a second year in an annual study of quick service restaurants.Click to expand...
In the burger category, In-N-Out scored 76 percent in customer loyalty, a dip from last year's 79 percent. Culver's, a Wisconsin chain with 650 restaurants in 24 states, came in second at 66 percent. If Southern California residents want to taste its specialties, Butterburgers and frozen custard, they may have to drive to Lake Havazu City, Ariz. In third through fifth place were Five Guys Burgers and Fries; Smashburger; and Steak 'n Shake.Click to expand...
Chicken: Chick-fil-A topped the list with 73 percent in customer loyalty followed by Raising Cane's, a newcomer to Southern California, with 68 percent. Costa Mesa-based El Pollo Loco was made the No. 4 slot, behind Zaxby's, which has 700 locations, none in California.Click to expand...
Mexican food: Chipotle edged out El Pollo Loco, 46.3 percent to 46.2 percent. Qdoba was third with 45 percent.Click to expand...
Sandwiches: With 64 percent in customer loyalty, East Coast convenience chain Wawa topped Firehouse Subs and Jersey Mike's, with 62 and 59 percent, respectively.Click to expand...
Pizza: Not much love in Southern California. Pizza Ranch, which is in 13 Midwest states, was first with 64 percent, followed by Papa Murphy's Take 'N' Bake Pizza ("Our Pizza. Your Oven"). The Vancouver chain is in Costa Mesa, Eastvale and Palmdale. Marco's Pizza was third, ahead of more established Domino's Papa John's, and Pizza Hut. Marco's is shooting for 1,000 stores in 2019, some of them in Southern California.Click to expand...
Was there ever any doubt? In N Out. In N Outttt. That's what a haaamburgerrrr, is allllll about. Pretty interesting results. Have never heard of Pizza Ranch but it definitely sounds like it's a restaurant located in the midwest. Surprising that Chipotle won even with their food making people sick and rats falling from their ceilings. *insert west coast jab here because we got the best burger* if old.  

Legend

Chipotle is great.

In and out is great.

Chickfila is great.

Don't care about pizza though.

Xevross

Chipotle is great.

In and out is great.

Chickfila is great.

Don't care about pizza though.
Who doesn't care about pizza???

Legend

Who doesn't care about pizza???
It's just whatever. I love good pizzas that mix it up and are unique. Like if it doesn't use a tomato sauce then I'm a much bigger fan.

Oelmasu

I have benefited from your information a lot.

SWORDF1SH

Will visit some of these places on my next trip to America. Out of what's mentioned I've only been to Five Guys.

Xevross

Will visit some of these places on my next trip to America. Out of what's mentioned I've only been to Five Guys.
Man I do love Five Guys. Shame they're so expensive though.

the-pi-guy

I didn't like Five Guys when I was there.  

SWORDF1SH

Man I do love Five Guys. Shame they're so expensive though.
I didn't like Five Guys when I was there.  
I liked the burgers but the fries were just ok.

the-pi-guy

I really liked Culver's though.  

Xevross

I liked the burgers but the fries were just ok.
Nah Five Guys fries are amazing! My favourite fries anywhere. I am more of a chip person though (I guess thats chunky fries to you yanks?) so maybe that's why I like them. You also get so many of them its amazing.

the-pi-guy

^These are fries.  

^These are chips.

Xevross

^These are fries. 

^These are chips.
See you limit yourself by only having two words to describe these things. Normally, sure you can argue English vs. American but English is straight up better here.

Crisps:

Chips:

Fries:

This way, you can easily specify whether you mean fries or chips, which are both very different (mostly in texture, but also obviously in size). How do Americans differentiate these?

And chips beat fries any day. Nice and crisps on the outside, fluffy on the inside. Yummy yummy

SWORDF1SH

Nah Five Guys fries are amazing! My favourite fries anywhere. I am more of a chip person though (I guess thats chunky fries to you yanks?) so maybe that's why I like them. You also get so many of them its amazing.
I was underwhelmed by them but because I'm English I prefer chips from a good old fish and chips shop.

See you limit yourself by only having two words to describe these things. Normally, sure you can argue English vs. American but English is straight up better here.

Crisps:

Chips:

Fries:

This way, you can easily specify whether you mean fries or chips, which are both very different (mostly in texture, but also obviously in size). How do Americans differentiate these?

And chips beat fries any day. Nice and crisps on the outside, fluffy on the inside. Yummy yummy
Sorry Pi, I have to agree with him  :P

the-pi-guy

Apr 24, 2018, 03:49 PM Last Edit: Apr 24, 2018, 03:52 PM by the-pi-guy

Chips:

I'm not sure what these are.  
They kind of look like small steak fries.  That's all I can figure...  

Sorry Pi, I have to agree with him  :P
That's because you've never smelled freedom.  
e5757fa03ff0552f390857c05731ee4969455f6e922076c3a7a009c315747ecb