General Discussion Thread

Started by Dr. Pezus, May 16, 2014, 06:00 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Xevross

The video still hasn't loaded in, and yet I am 99% confident I know what it is.  
We got a Tom Scott fanboy over here

the-pi-guy

We got a Tom Scott fanboy over here
Hey are you dissing my guy Tom Scott?

Xevross

Hey are you dissing my guy Tom Scott?
No I love him more

the-pi-guy

Legend

I used to think I was special with my love for Tom Scott videos  :P

At least I'm the only one that likes numberphile.

the-pi-guy

This guy likes telling jokes.  

Spoiler for Hidden:
<br>I think I started watching numberphile, then computerphile, then Tom Scott. He has been on computerphile, I think twice. &nbsp;<br><br>I do have to say though, I haven&#39;t watched numberphile as much in the past few years. One of the guys who has been on there does Stand up Maths I think. I have been watching that lately instead. &nbsp;It&#39;s one of the numberphile guys I like better. &nbsp;<br><br>I really enjoy Tom Scott though. Its not even solely to learn stuff. &nbsp;I also like how his videos flow. &nbsp;There&#39;s a few videos I&#39;ve watched a couple of times. &nbsp;<br><br>

Xevross

I used to think I was special with my love for Tom Scott videos  :P

He's a massive youtuber, so that was always unlikely. He's also british, a lot of his videos are fun things about Britain. If it was an American guy doing it I'd be less likely to watch a lot of the videos.

Numberphile I don't subscribe to but I've probably seen at least 100 of their videos of the years.

Legend

He's a massive youtuber, so that was always unlikely. He's also british, a lot of his videos are fun things about Britain. If it was an American guy doing it I'd be less likely to watch a lot of the videos.

Numberphile I don't subscribe to but I've probably seen at least 100 of their videos of the years.
Fortnite is even more massive yet I don't think anyone here is a fan of it  :P

The stars aligned and I discovered Numberphile within their first few videos. Was my favorite channel when they first started. Same goes for Cinimasins. I watched their second video or so when it was first published.

This guy likes telling jokes.  

Spoiler for Hidden:

I think I started watching numberphile, then computerphile, then Tom Scott. He has been on computerphile, I think twice.  

I do have to say though, I haven't watched numberphile as much in the past few years. One of the guys who has been on there does Stand up Maths I think. I have been watching that lately instead.  It's one of the numberphile guys I like better.  

I really enjoy Tom Scott though. Its not even solely to learn stuff.  I also like how his videos flow.  There's a few videos I've watched a couple of times.  

That said, I barely watch either channel nowadays. Cinemasins just feels too cynical in the modern world and Infinite Series took the place of numberphile for me until they shut down.

I've watched a few of the stand up maths videos but never loved any of them. Recently (or I guess 2019) I really got into 3Blue1Brown.

I like learning random facts from Tom Scott but yeah, his videos are far more valuable than the information contained within.

Bet I'm the only person subscribed to these channels though!

https://www.youtube.com/user/NativLang
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJOh5FKisc0hUlEeWFBlD-w

the-pi-guy

Bet I'm the only person subscribed to these channels though!

https://www.youtube.com/user/NativLang
That's Where You're Wrong, Kiddo. - Album on Imgur

Funnily enough most of the videos I've seen are older.  

Funnily, enough I think the most recent video I've seen of his is like a year old.  

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJOh5FKisc0hUlEeWFBlD-w

You got me here though.

Dr. Pezus

Any of you Americans or englishmen getting vaccinated this week? Still waiting here in Iceland. We're hoping for early Jan...

Legend

Any of you Americans or englishmen getting vaccinated this week? Still waiting here in Iceland. We're hoping for early Jan...
No I won't be vaccinated for months. They are prioritizing health care workers and high risk people. Rollout for the general population isn't expected until summer.

Xevross

My Mum just got vaccinated today (first dose), she works in a hospital. A few of my friends who work in the hospital should be getting it soon too.

I expect I'll be one of the last in the country to get it.

the-pi-guy

I am sure my wife will get it fairly soon.
I am probably going to be waiting until the middle of next year or something.

Dr. Pezus

No I won't be vaccinated for months. They are prioritizing health care workers and high risk people. Rollout for the general population isn't expected until summer.
Well I guess I'll be first then regardless

kitler53

no vaccine for me.  my wife took the new york times quiz about where in the priority order will I be.  I was like the 90th percentile (aka almost last).  I mean, it's a good thing to be low risk by almost every measure but I was looking forward to getting it so I can get back to living life.   

**thanks goodness** for all those anti-vaxers in america.   it will probably push up my vaccination by several months....

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

Go Up