E3 Leak Policy

Started by Legend, May 29, 2017, 12:46 AM

previous topic - next topic

Legend

It is ~two weeks till E3. At this point, leaks are basically spoilers. Please treat them as such.

Rumors from trusted insiders like shinobi should be treated the same. If it's misterxmedia or Tidux level, feel free to post them without spoilers. This thread tracks insiders and should give you a good bases on the quality of insiders.

DerNebel

Well insiders seem to be mostly quiet around this E3 anyways, which might be a bad sign but who knows. :p

Raven

Well insiders seem to be mostly quiet around this E3 anyways, which might be a bad sign but who knows. :p

Yeah but Shinobi basically leaked TLOU 2 around 4 days prior to PSX 2016, if I remember correctly. Just want to remind people to keep their traps shut at this point because at any time an insider could come along and take a giant dump.

Xevross

Yeah if I see another TLOU2 style leak I'll be quite annoyed. Anything from insiders who often get things right should be spoiler tagged, and spoiler tags shouldn't only be limited to that

nnodley

Yeah but Shinobi basically leaked TLOU 2 around 4 days prior to PSX 2016, if I remember correctly. Just want to remind people to keep their traps shut at this point because at any time an insider could come along and take a giant dump.
I'll keep my trap open any day for you!!

But on a related note:  yeah I think shinobi should have really kept quiet about TLOU 2.  I think ND should have stayed quiet as well.  We all knew a sequel was gonna be made.  Even if they have as much free reign as possible they still love their money.

darkknightkryta

I think Sony leaked The Last of Us 2 on purpose ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

nnodley

I think Sony leaked The Last of Us 2 on purpose ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
One can only hope that they are playing it off as being super early and they just wanted to give us a taste of the game, but its really gonna be mid 2018 release.  I'm still firmly in the mid 2018 release anyway cause it's not like they don't have plenty of games announced to keep us busy if the game was gonna be mid 2019 or later.

Legend

One can only hope that they are playing it off as being super early and they just wanted to give us a taste of the game, but its really gonna be mid 2018 release.  I'm still firmly in the mid 2018 release anyway cause it's not like they don't have plenty of games announced to keep us busy if the game was gonna be mid 2019 or later.
No way is it mid 2018.

Naughty dog is so slow this gen.

I'd do an avatar bet that it doesn't release before 2019.

Raven

No way is it mid 2018.

Naughty Dog was slow on Uncharted 4 because they pretty much remade the story from scratch after Amy Hennig left. My guess is holiday 2018 at the earliest but I'm leaning towards Spring 2019.

nnodley

No way is it mid 2018.

Nah I'm good!! Cause I know there is a real possibility that it's 2019, I'm just hopeful its earlier. lol.  I just think it would be asinine for them to announce the game and it still be 2 and a half years away especially given how many games we have that are announced to tide sony fans over till it would really need to be revealed.  Yes sony tends to announce games early, but not usually ND's games.  Typically ND announce and put it out in a year to a year and a half.  UC4 is an outlier because of the shakeup in house with Amy Hennig.