Xbox Series |OT|

Started by the-pi-guy, Mar 16, 2020, 11:34 PM

previous topic - next topic

Linked Events

Go Down

kitler53

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

Legend

edt: I tried again and now morrowind works.

real edit: yall posted before I could edit!

kitler53

i'll remind you that during the xbox previews lots of reviewers showed crashes during quick resume.  i particularly remember alanah pearce showing some crashes...

...and this is why i avoid pre-ordering consoles.   xD

Legend

Yeah it seems like the disc drive is just really weird and loud sounding from previews. Perhaps there's something weird in the design which means its normally fine but can break easily.
It sounds like it has a vault door or something. Once the disc is in, something clamps shut.

Hopefully ps5 has no issues.
I wouldn't know, but I'd assume it'd be as smooth as PS4's.

kitler53

Hopefully ps5 has no issues.
i trust playstation more than xbox for hardware reliability.   MS has had too many issues thought the gens.

the-pi-guy

It sounds like it has a vault door or something. Once the disc is in, something clamps shut.
I wouldn't know, but I'd assume it'd be as smooth as PS4's.
Are you able to levitate a ping pong ball above your series X?

Legend

Are you able to levitate a ping pong ball above your series X?
Sadly that was fake. Not at all enough air flow.

(yes I tried!)

Legend

Really enjoying Forza Horizon 4. Still an older game, but at least makes the console feel like not PS4.

Played the first one back on 360 so this is simultaneously a nostalgia trip and a next gen trip.

Xevross

Really enjoying Forza Horizon 4. Still an older game, but at least makes the console feel like not PS4.

Played the first one back on 360 so this is simultaneously a nostalgia trip and a next gen trip.
Forza Horizon 4 is fantastic and I can imagine it's still one of the best looking games out there with the next gen enhancements.

the-pi-guy

nnodley

Isn't this the first Xbox launch that's been pretty much worldwide?

kitler53

Isn't this the first Xbox launch that's been pretty much worldwide?
yes. more MS spin.  probably good numbers too but too much spin to really know. 

Legend

yes. more MS spin.  probably good numbers too but too much spin to really know.
I think the lack of context is fine. It's a near meaningless statement for so many reasons so it just boils down to them being happy about launch.

Hopefully we actually get numbers eventually. I'll be much more frustrated if they only talk about MAUs like xbox one.

kitler53

I think the lack of context is fine. It's a near meaningless statement for so many reasons so it just boils down to them being happy about launch.

Hopefully we actually get numbers eventually. I'll be much more frustrated if they only talk about MAUs like xbox one.
we'll only get numbers if they think they are winning. 

Legend

we'll only get numbers if they think they are winning.
Which sucks and is bs.

On that note, when do y'all think either unit will start being in stock?

Go Up