Movie Thread

Viewing single post

Started by Dr. Pezus, May 25, 2014, 04:14 PM

previous topic - next topic

Raven

My sister works at the theater so I go often for free. She gave me an attitude because she didn't want to see the movie. Instead wanted to see star trek. I convinced her to go to ghostbusters instead.

It wasn't worth it. 2pm show time and the guy next to me was snoring by 3
It was lowbrow slapstick. No coherent plot. Unspecial effects. The cast was two bit snl/mad TV/the office actors. The protagonist had a cliche motive and no background (somehow he was a paranormal physicist engineer working out of a high class hotel basement as a janitor). McCarthy did not have a single funny line and Wiigs humor was out of place for the setting. Each scene was a pathetic attempt at an snl skit. The big screen was beyond the acting ability of some characters (cicily strong specifically)
Really not surprised. Movies like this which seek to change or replace beloved characters in a pathetic attempt to pander to a certain group end up sucking. Mostly because it seems like the whole point is, "Look how diverse and sensitive we are!" instead of trying to actually make a good movie.