Started by the-pi-guy, Aug 01, 2023, 06:19 PM

previous topic - next topic

Dr. Pezus

Looking forward to it!

Dr. Pezus

What if Sony bought Larian?

Legend

Would be a good buy in general, but right now it helps Sony a lot more that this timed exclusive happened naturally.

Fans would immediately stop being mad at Microsoft.

kitler53

it would be a great acquisition for anyone.   larian and fromSoft are probably the most highly regarded 3rd party studios these days.   

for sony in particular larian would be a good studio to fight against MS's acquisition of Bethesda.  

not sure how acquirable they are though.  but yeah,.. like legend said sony lucked the hell out that they get a timed exclusive launching against starfield and it's entirely MS's fault.  talk about a win/win for sony and a lose/lose for MS.  

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

the-pi-guy

Larian said they don't want to be acquired, and they have Tencent money to stay afloat.

kitler53

Larian said they don't want to be acquired, and they have Tencent money to stay afloat.
everyone has a price.  

the-pi-guy

everyone has a price.  
The cost of independence is pretty high for some people.

the-pi-guy

Currently sitting at a 97 on MC, and a 95 on OC.  

Legend

Currently sitting at a 97 on MC, and a 95 on OC.  
It's good!

Dr. Pezus

It's above Zelda on meta!

the-pi-guy

Currently sitting at a 97 on both MC and OC.

Legend

Currently sitting at a 97 on both MC and OC.
My brother was raving about it.

Awesome how Larian have entered the mainstream with this.

the-pi-guy

I almost wonder if between 2022 Elden Ring and 2023 Baldur's Gate, if it'll have any kind of impact on the kinds of games Sony is making.

kitler53

Legend

Sony is fine, I hope the rest of the industry learns. Not including microtransactions and all that other bs can, sometimes, make you way more money.

Go Up