PlayStation Community Thread

Started by Dr. Pezus, May 03, 2014, 03:25 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

the-pi-guy

You're not allowed to play until you're fluent in Japanese!
I guess I won't be playing :(

Spoiler for Hidden:
<br>Just cool that Ghost and Sekiro are both doing it<br>

the-pi-guy

Just started Kingdom Hearts.  

I feel overwhelmed with my childhood.

darkknightkryta

Feb 08, 2019, 11:05 PM Last Edit: Feb 08, 2019, 11:07 PM by darkknightkryta
I've been playing through Kingdom Hearts collection.  Finished 1.  3 hours into Chain of Memories.  Like another 100 hours to go!  Finished 1, 2, 368/2 and Birth By Sleep almost when they came out.  I'm replaying them anyways though.  Might have to do Birth By Sleep and Dream Drop Distance on handheld during lunch though.

the-pi-guy

I've been playing through Kingdom Hearts collection.  Finished 1.  3 hours into Chain of Memories.  Like another 100 hours to go!  Finished 1, 2, 368/2 and Birth By Sleep almost when they came out.  I'm replaying them anyways though.  Might have to do Birth By Sleep and Dream Drop Distance on handheld during lunch though.
Got really fortunate and found Kingdom Hearts 1.5 and 2.5 for PS4, today.  

I can't remember the last time I was so happy to get a game.  

Legend

No E3 from Sony is odd feeling. Anyone wanna make bets about PSX happening?

Xevross

No E3 from Sony is odd feeling. Anyone wanna make bets about PSX happening?
Yeah its very strange. This year's e3 is probably going to be quite boring.

I'm not making any bets but PSX depends on PS5 launch date I think. If its early/ first half of 2020 then PSX will be on.

BananaKing

Yeah its very strange. This year's e3 is probably going to be quite boring.

I'm not making any bets but PSX depends on PS5 launch date I think. If its early/ first half of 2020 then PSX will be on.
I expect Ubisoft to either have an epic E3 or a very very lame one. They will either announce their next gen games, along side the remaining current gen ones, or basically have little to nothing new to show. Maybe a new watch dogs.

Bethesda, we might get a glimpse at starfield, or they might go all out on it. Show a big trailer or gameplay. And who knows what else they have.

EA will have a new battlefront and respawns starwars game, probably a new need for speed, but still somehow manage to make their show boring as hell.

MS, they have bought so many new studios that I think they will either announce a small game or two, or announce their next gen console and go all out and announce so many games.

Basically my feeling about this year is that of this E3 sucks, then next year's will be massive. Because Bethesda, ms, and Ubisoft hold back, they will go in very strong next year to kick of next gen.

Xevross

I expect Ubisoft to either have an epic E3 or a very very lame one. They will either announce their next gen games, along side the remaining current gen ones, or basically have little to nothing new to show. Maybe a new watch dogs.

Bethesda, we might get a glimpse at starfield, or they might go all out on it. Show a big trailer or gameplay. And who knows what else they have.

EA will have a new battlefront and respawns starwars game, probably a new need for speed, but still somehow manage to make their show boring as hell.

MS, they have bought so many new studios that I think they will either announce a small game or two, or announce their next gen console and go all out and announce so many games.

Basically my feeling about this year is that of this E3 sucks, then next year's will be massive. Because Bethesda, ms, and Ubisoft hold back, they will go in very strong next year to kick of next gen.
Yeah if nothing next gen is talked about then this E3 is going to be probably the worst in recent history. However, if people start talking next gen and some good stuff gets announced it could end up being pretty good.

Hopefully on the Nintendo side of things it'll be a great e3.

the-pi-guy

I basically wasted my weekend playing kingdom hearts instead of getting ahead on homework.  

And yet so far no regrets.  

We'll see if that holds up...  

kitler53

well we already know cyberpunk is targeting next gen hardware.  anthem already had some tweet about carrying your save game forward to next gen hardware.

i don't think sony or ms will talk about next gen at E3 unless we get a surprise hardware announcement prior to E3 which is less and less likely every day.  i think next gen hardware will be announced at special events like last gen and not a shared event like E3. the rumor mill is just not churning out enough leaks to make me believe next gen hardware is coming in 2019 and i don't think ms or sony will want to hype up next gen hardware more than a year out.  xbox one x is proof how badly that kind of talk can tank current sales.  so yeah, sony and ms will be fairly boring.

i don't, however, think that 3rd parties will shy away from talking about their next gen title.  watch dogs, for instance, was talked about long before ps4 and xbox one were officially announced.  i think 3rd parties will be hyping their next gen targeted AAA games this E3 so that should be good.  

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

BananaKing

well we already know cyberpunk is targeting next gen hardware.  anthem already had some tweet about carrying your save game forward to next gen hardware.

i don't think sony or ms will talk about next gen at E3 unless we get a surprise hardware announcement prior to E3 which is less and less likely every day.  i think next gen hardware will be announced at special events like last gen and not a shared event like E3. the rumor mill is just not churning out enough leaks to make me believe next gen hardware is coming in 2019 and i don't think ms or sony will want to hype up next gen hardware more than a year out.  xbox one x is proof how badly that kind of talk can tank current sales.  so yeah, sony and ms will be fairly boring.

i don't, however, think that 3rd parties will shy away from talking about their next gen title.  watch dogs, for instance, was talked about long before ps4 and xbox one were officially announced.  i think 3rd parties will be hyping their next gen targeted AAA games this E3 so that should be good.  

@bolded: I actually feel the same way too. There just hasn't been much rumors or talk like there was before the 2013

Another thing, after looking at how much money Sony made from software sales on PSN, I think without a doubt they don't want to rush next gen, and while MS certainly doesn't make the same amount, they are in a similar position. Software sales and subscriptions are without a doubt making a huge profit for both. I can see them both wanting to rank in that cash.

The only thing that makes me think MS might surprise us is because they teased their next gen hardware at last years E3. And they might want to catch Sony of guard.

DerNebel

Todays thread on Jim Ryan becoming SIE's new CEO is another in a long line of examples for why resetera is such a complete garbage forum.

What a total dumpster fire that is.

Legend

Sony has done so much restructuring. They are really working on a lot of nice things behind the scenes.

Xevross

Feb 12, 2019, 05:38 PM Last Edit: Feb 12, 2019, 05:48 PM by Xevross
Shawn Layden blames publishers and developers for lack of PlayStation crossplay (Update: Chucklefish CEO responds in thread - "We were told no") | ResetEra

What a shame show. Sony still only pretending to be the gamer's friend when it comes to cross-play.

Sony has done so much restructuring. They are really working on a lot of nice things behind the scenes.
And yet they still have so far to go.

the-pi-guy

Go Up