Globe Earth V Flat Earth

Started by SWORDF1SH, Jan 27, 2019, 04:38 PM

previous topic - next topic

Xevross

Jan 28, 2019, 12:09 PM Last Edit: Jan 28, 2019, 12:11 PM by Xevross
Unfortunately it's true  :(
52 Percent Of The British Public Think The Moon Landings Were Faked, Claims Survey | IFLScience
For some peculiar reason, online mobile retailer e2save and market research agency Atomik Research decided to question 1,003 British people on their beliefs - from the commonly held to the more outlandish.

Indeed, certain people out there do believe in such outlandish, ridiculous things, just like the 64 percent of those in this group that claim dinosaurs never existed.
The survey also revealed that 30 percent of the group believe that ghosts or spirits walk the Earth.

Abby Francis, spokesperson at e2save, said: "Did we really land on the moon? Do extraterrestrials really exist?

"With the Xperia smartphones you can capture the world in incredible high-resolution 4K, and we wanted to put the technology to the test by uncovering the truth behind top conspiracies, all with a tongue and cheek approach.
Pardon me if I question the reliability of this survey. Looks to me like a cynical attempt at grabbing headlines by an online retailer nobody has heard of, in order to promote some deal it was doing.

Instead, I've looked for a survey from an actual reliable pollster. Yougov says its 12% of the UK who thinks the moon landings are fake, which is a much more believable figure. Taking random shame like that 52% figure as true without even questioning it is how lies like this spread.

Have you ever really asked anyone what they really think?
Nope. But considering its more like 12% in the UK who think they were faked and I don't tend to associate with idiots, I doubt I've known anyone who thinks they're fake.

Legend

SWORDF1SH

Jan 28, 2019, 07:27 PM Last Edit: Jan 28, 2019, 07:33 PM by SWORDF1SH
Ive been watching conspiracycatz and scimandan as of late.  Both funny channels that tackle flat earthers and CC regularly makes fun of Del lol
Love them both. SciManDan is actually the guy I first watched debunk flat earth. The flat earthers hate his quick rise to fame. They claim he paid for his subs

Pardon me if I question the reliability of this survey. Looks to me like a cynical attempt at grabbing headlines by an online retailer nobody has heard of, in order to promote some deal it was doing.

Instead, I've looked for a survey from an actual reliable pollster. Yougov says its 12% of the UK who thinks the moon landings are fake, which is a much more believable figure. Taking random shame like that 52% figure as true without even questioning it is how lies like this spread.

Nope. But considering its more like 12% in the UK who think they were faked and I don't tend to associate with idiots, I doubt I've known anyone who thinks they're fake.
We'll I'm a little more happy. I didn't really look up the poll but see that a few media outlets and even reported on TV and presumed to at least be somewhat true even though the poll was relatively small. Should of known better.

Xevross

Love them both. SciManDan is actually the guy I first watched debunk flat earth. The flat earthers hate his quick rise to fame. They claim he paid for his subs

We'll I'm a little more happy. I didn't really look up the poll but see that a few media outlets and even reported on TV and presumed to at least be somewhat true even though the poll was relatively small. Should of known better.
Well I only saw it on the mirror and that site you posted so I knew something was fishy about it.

I was watching some classic QI clips before, and one was on what people used to think the Earth was shaped like. The answer?

Spoiler for Hidden:
Round.<br><br>Everyone who was smart enough to read, write and think about this stuff in history thought the Earth must be round. Flat Earth was a very uncommon belief and in fact it might be most widely believed today compared to any point in history. Funny that.

Go Up