Viewing single post

Started by darkknightkryta, May 02, 2014, 09:40 PM

previous topic - next topic

Do you go to conventions?

Linked Events

• Anime North: May 25, 2018, 01:11 AM - May 27, 2018, 01:11 AM End Countdown

Raven

Oct 18, 2015, 04:59 AM Last Edit: Oct 18, 2015, 05:07 AM by Raven

Okay, I need to vent about something regarding a typical anime character type. I am getting REALLY tired of these male characters who act like total pansies around girls who are throwing themselves at them. I'm cool with that character type for the most part. Trying to create an innocent and respectable character. It's also often teenage guys who get easily flustered. I get that. However, it would just be nice for a change for the male characters to be more aggressive a little more often. Like this anime I'm watching right now called The Asterisk War. The hot student council president goes to thank the main male character for his compliance to her request by basically offering him naughtiness and making it pretty clear that it's not against her will at all. That she probably would have done it regardless. She takes his hand and makes him grab one of her two natural pines. This guy totally freaks and runs away. He has no obligation to any other female characters and it seems clear he's not gay. She is quite attractive, she just asked him to put himself in harms way, they are alone, and she's basically top dog of the student body. What. The. fudge?