Movie Thread

Started by Dr. Pezus, May 25, 2014, 04:14 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Max King of the Wild

Mar 26, 2016, 05:05 PM Last Edit: Mar 26, 2016, 05:10 PM by Max King of the Wild
You need to go back and rematch man of Steel. It wasn't just the sun it was also the atmosphere... Do you remember he loses his powers when he enters krypton ship because of air composition... That's not suitable for humans but perfectly fine for superman. And the codex was just absolutely stupid. No defending it.

And the Phantom zone, everything is getting instantly sucked in... Except lois... She free falls to earth.... Because ya know, she's denser than a black hole...

BananaKing

Mar 27, 2016, 12:59 PM Last Edit: Mar 27, 2016, 01:02 PM by NotBananaKing
just watched Kung Fu Panda 3. shame film, SO disappointed in it. this is coming from someone who is a huge Kung Fu Panda fan.

Add me to the hate train for Man of steel. Everything in it was just so average, and they made superman feel underpowered.

I think bvs looks much better, but I'm worried it ends with a huge cliffhanger.
Man of Steal sucked. it was stupid, and boring for the majority of the film.

i dont get why people are upset he killed zod though, i find it stupid that they complain that he shouldnt have.

the-pi-guy

Max King of the Wild

Mar 27, 2016, 01:58 PM Last Edit: Mar 27, 2016, 02:52 PM by Max King of the Wild
i dont get why people are upset he killed zod though, i find it stupid that they complain that he shouldnt have.
I didn't have a problem with him killing Zod because he was in put in an impossible situation that Zod would definitely have put him in. However, I can see why some would be mad about it. Superman is suppose to be super in everything. Quick wit for one thing. MoS superman was pretty daft and unprepared. It just wasn't a good movie. Wasn't a good superhero movie. It was pretty bleh. I mean, it still provided entertainment (had decent cinematography and action) so it fulfilled it's objective. But if I had to pay to see it I'd definitely avoid seeing the continuations in the theater based off MoS.

Superman under powered?  You crazy?  He caused trillions of dollars in damages.    On top of that he managed to take Zod up into Space in minutes and they both came back down in reminiscence of gods.  My dad actually said, when we were watching that part "What if people like that exist in the universe and came here to take over.  What would we do?".  Plus they're portraying Superman on the high end of his portrayals.  Like, how absurd he is in comics currently is how he is in this movie.  Still the most physically strongest being shown in movies. 
You need to rewatch the movie.

Yes, extremely underpowered. He could only fight one kyrptonian at a time... Who weren't even getting their full potential of power due to inhaling kryptons atmospheric composition and probably weren't even aware of their dormant abilities... When he had 33 years to acclimate and perfect his powers... A point he makes sure to make to zod that he says took him years.... Who then perfects all the same powers within minutes of being introduced to an atmosphere he's never had been introduced to (same reason Star Wars was crud).... Yet superman coughs blood when he breaths krypton atmosphere.... Because apparently it only works one way. Again, it was a VERY bad movie. Only redeeming factors in it were action sequences and cinematography. And that's okay if you are one of those able to shut off their brain and enjoy a movie solely based on flash. (one of my Co workers has the opinion that The expendables and Fast and Furious are the best franchises ever)

BTW, when they went to space, they should have both died instantly

7 Weird Things In 'Man of Steel' That We Need To Talk About - Dorkly Post

Only one I'd change is 4. The codex was just retarded and I would talk about that. I'd add 8 that lois for some idiotic reason is on a military plane ready to drop a doomsday device and just so happens to fall out right before it detonates and everything gets sucked up except her because she's in a more perilous situation of free falling to earth

Xevross

So BvS opened at $424m worldwide! That is an extremely impressive opening, 80% of what The Force Awakens managed.

$170m was its US takings.

Dr. Pezus

So BvS opened at $424m worldwide! That is an extremely impressive opening, 80% of what The Force Awakens managed.

$170m was its US takings.
Niceee

Cute Pikachu

Everyone go see Zootopia.
Also Wonder Woman was BA in the movie.
The Vizioneck Nintendo Fanboy!

Switch Software Sales Guide:
http://vizioneck.com/forum/index.php?topic=5895.msg218699#new

darkknightkryta

I didn't have a problem with him killing Zod because he was in put in an impossible situation that Zod would definitely have put him in. However, I can see why some would be mad about it. Superman is suppose to be super in everything. Quick wit for one thing. MoS superman was pretty daft and unprepared. It just wasn't a good movie. Wasn't a good superhero movie. It was pretty bleh. I mean, it still provided entertainment (had decent cinematography and action) so it fulfilled it's objective. But if I had to pay to see it I'd definitely avoid seeing the continuations in the theater based off MoS.

You need to rewatch the movie.

Yes, extremely underpowered. He could only fight one kyrptonian at a time... Who weren't even getting their full potential of power due to inhaling kryptons atmospheric composition and probably weren't even aware of their dormant abilities... When he had 33 years to acclimate and perfect his powers... A point he makes sure to make to zod that he says took him years.... Who then perfects all the same powers within minutes of being introduced to an atmosphere he's never had been introduced to (same reason Star Wars was crud).... Yet superman coughs blood when he breaths krypton atmosphere.... Because apparently it only works one way. Again, it was a VERY bad movie. Only redeeming factors in it were action sequences and cinematography. And that's okay if you are one of those able to shut off their brain and enjoy a movie solely based on flash. (one of my Co workers has the opinion that The expendables and Fast and Furious are the best franchises ever)

BTW, when they went to space, they should have both died instantly

7 Weird Things In 'Man of Steel' That We Need To Talk About - Dorkly Post

Only one I'd change is 4. The codex was just retarded and I would talk about that. I'd add 8 that lois for some idiotic reason is on a military plane ready to drop a doomsday device and just so happens to fall out right before it detonates and everything gets sucked up except her because she's in a more perilous situation of free falling to earth
To quote Zod " I was bred to be a warrior, Kal. Trained my entire life to master my senses. Where did you train? ON A FARM?" (Shannon is such a great actor)

You're saying Superman wasn't strong enough to beat two "powered" Kryptonians, two Kryptonians who are just as strong as Superman, two Kryptonians who were literally engineered to be soldiers with millenia worth of combat knowledge programmed into them, makes him weak?  He's overpowered for the fact that he didn't die.  

You do realize Superman's entire weakness is based on Kryptonite?  Now, the "flaw" with how they handled that in the movie is actually a flaw in the comic books and it was a flaw for nearly a century.  They never actually properly explain how Kryptonite affects Superman.  They hint to the fact that it's radio active.  But that doesn't mean Krypton the planet wasn't radioactive.  So Snyder explaining Kryptonite with Superman walking on a ship who's entire atmosphere is simulating Krypton, the same planet shards that can kill Superman in the comics, making cough up blood is actually very faithful to the comics.

BTW Superman has been going up into space without a space suit in comics for more than half a century.  He can actually travel to other planets just on his abilities alone.

Don't know why you have this hatred for the codex.  It was a big theme in the movie.  Jor-El embedded it to Kal because of hope.  Krypton as a culture became slothful which caused their demise.  Jor-El didn't agree with what Kryptonians have become and decided to have a son that wasn't tied down to genetic coding (Being hopeful that his son can choose a better life).  He knew the planet was going to be destroyed so he took the basis of Krypton's genetic engineering device and embedded it into Kal.  This way there's hope that Superman at some point will be able to create new Kryptonians and restart the race.  Which was a good clash with Zod and fits with Zod vs Jor-El that happened at the beginning of the movie.  Zod was genetically engineered to keep Krypton safe.  It is this blind programming which causes the cataclysmic event in the movie that Superman had to stop.  Which makes Superman and Zod's fight more meaningful.  Zod was just trying to save Krypton any way possible with his blind programming.  As opposed to how Superman would have been able to do it.

You need to start reading comics

Max King of the Wild

You can't have superman require respiratory system for his powers then ignore the fact there's no atmosphere in space.

The codex was never in the comics and was a useless and retarded addition.

Cute Pikachu

Anone excited for the jungle book (I'm a wonder woman fan so I'm not getting into that argument you two are having lol)
The Vizioneck Nintendo Fanboy!

Switch Software Sales Guide:
http://vizioneck.com/forum/index.php?topic=5895.msg218699#new

Max King of the Wild

Anone excited for the jungle book (I'm a wonder woman fan so I'm not getting into that argument you two are having lol)
But this is a man of Steel sucked balls argument.

darkknightkryta

You can't have superman require respiratory system for his powers then ignore the fact there's no atmosphere in space.
You need to start reading comics
The codex was never in the comics and was a useless and retarded addition.
Jarvis is a butler in the comics, he's an A.I. in the marvel movies.  Are Iron Man, Avengers, Avengers 2 terrible movies because of it?  Also, I objectively gave you reasons as to why the codex was a great plot device.  It gave thematic reasoning to give it to Kal-El (Hope, and is a theme in the movie).  Gave a meaningful and logical purpose to Zod to terraform earth wiping out the human race in the process.  It also gave Zod reason to try to kill Superman and take revenge since Zod's entire existence, his programming, was taken from him by Superman.  Wanna objectively reason/argue why you think the codex is "stupid...retarded" as opposed to just saying it's "stupid and retarded" for no reason other than you not understanding its purpose, which I suspect is the case of your hatred to it.

Max King of the Wild

Jarvis is a butler in the comics, he's an A.I. in the marvel movies.  Are Iron Man, Avengers, Avengers 2 terrible movies because of it?  Also, I objectively gave you reasons as to why the codex was a great plot device.  It gave thematic reasoning to give it to Kal-El (Hope, and is a theme in the movie).  Gave a meaningful and logical purpose to Zod to terraform earth wiping out the human race in the process.  It also gave Zod reason to try to kill Superman and take revenge since Zod's entire existence, his programming, was taken from him by Superman.  Wanna objectively reason/argue why you think the codex is "stupid...retarded" as opposed to just saying it's "stupid and retarded" for no reason other than you not understanding its purpose, which I suspect is the case of your hatred to it.

None of that makes it any good

Max King of the Wild

Mar 30, 2016, 12:07 AM Last Edit: Mar 30, 2016, 12:19 AM by Max King of the Wild
Just got back from BvS. Almost walked out. Dull dull dull

First hour an a half dragged on (probably longer). Jumps from Clark to superman to bruce to batman to superman to Bruce to Clark to wonder woman and is completely disjointed with awkward dream sequences that really didn't fit into the movie. Bruce straight up says if there is 1% of uncertainty that superman can become bad then they need to kill him... Uh what the fudge? There's a seen where batman is in a bat mobile and sees something as he's turning and has this completely retarded look on his face. I point this out because the director made sure to slow it down and zoom in

Legend

Go Up