Do you like games where you have to remember thing?

Started by Legend, Oct 19, 2019, 09:31 PM

previous topic - next topic

Legend

Or do you like having all important info shown on the map or in a log?

In the case of botw, one example is searching for the zelda pictures. A painter tells you the area but this info isn't saved anywhere. If you forget what he said, you have to go back and talk to him again.

Do you like stuff like this?

Legend

In general I don't. I think it's lazy to not give the player either an automatic log or a system to record notes with. Pretty much the only exceptions I can think of are puzzle games that specifically expect you to play with note paper at your side.

Xevross

No I don't. Although the example you gave was a pretty easy one, you just screenshot what he said to you or you can easily look up the location. It wasn't anything complicated.

the-pi-guy

Not really.  
Although I don't know if I really play enough games like to this really have a strong feeling one way or another.  

A few games have challenges where you are shown a place and then you have 10-60 seconds to find it.  
I guess I don't hate it, but I would never play a game if a sizeable portion included stuff like that.  

Legend

No I don't. Although the example you gave was a pretty easy one, you just screenshot what he said to you or you can easily look up the location. It wasn't anything complicated.
Yeah the only time in zelda I actually had an issue and had to run back to the people was when searching for the leviathan bones (or whatever that animal was).