Prediction: Sony has an AAA iron Man game in development for PS5

Started by BananaKing, Apr 23, 2019, 07:29 PM

previous topic - next topic

BananaKing

Basically they would be doing with iron Man what they did with Spiderman. A full AAA game with a high production budget and a high calibre Dev. I think it could also be insomniac too, you never know after the success of Spiderman.

I was certain Sony will have another marvel exclusive, though I thought iron was probably tied up with the avengers ip with square enix. But after the iron vr game it seems that the ip isn't tied to that. So I'm predicting it's iron man

ethomaz

That is a bold prediction.

I like it.

darkknightkryta

I wonder who could make it though?  I would imagine Insomniac would want to refine their work for Spider-man in a sequel while their second studio does third party projects.  Santa Monica will be busy with God of War 2.  Guerrilla will be busy with Horizon 2.  That really only leaves Japan open and they'd still have to partner with someone to make it.  Though, I think Japan can get Iron Man right so long as someone writes the story for them.

the-pi-guy

I wonder who could make it though?  I would imagine Insomniac would want to refine their work for Spider-man in a sequel while their second studio does third party projects.  Santa Monica will be busy with God of War 2.  Guerrilla will be busy with Horizon 2.  That really only leaves Japan open and they'd still have to partner with someone to make it.  Though, I think Japan can get Iron Man right so long as someone writes the story for them.
Insomniac isn't first party, so there's no reason this couldn't be made by a different third party.  It's hard to say who could make it, because there's a lot of choices.  The studio working on MediEvil for example isn't one that Sony has worked with before, if I recall correctly.

But I will say about Insomniac, they have been working on tons of projects.  They released 5 games in 2016.  

kitler53

Insomniac isn't first party, so there's no reason this couldn't be made by a different third party.  It's hard to say who could make it, because there's a lot of choices.  The studio working on MediEvil for example isn't one that Sony has worked with before, if I recall correctly.

But I will say about Insomniac, they have been working on tons of projects.  They released 5 games in 2016.  
yeah,.. a rachet and clank remaster and 4 tiny downloadable only games.  nothing the size and scope of spiderman.

i think spiderman 2 is a given considering it's fantastic sales.  i don't think insomniac can handle spiderman and ironman.   i'd be happy to be proven wrong but i don't think so.

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

darkknightkryta

Insomniac is also a proven dev and was essentially second party to Sony for a long time.  Who's left that can fill that void outside of Japan?

the-pi-guy

yeah,.. a rachet and clank remaster and 4 tiny downloadable only games.  nothing the size and scope of spiderman.

i think spiderman 2 is a given considering it's fantastic sales.  i don't think insomniac can handle spiderman and ironman.   i'd be happy to be proven wrong but i don't think so.
Right, I just think they are probably a bit bigger than we think.  
Insomniac is also a proven dev and was essentially second party to Sony for a long time.  Who's left that can fill that void outside of Japan?
I just can't imagine Sony Japan working on a game like that .

darkknightkryta

Right, I just think they are probably a bit bigger than we think.  I just can't imagine Sony Japan working on a game like that .
I don't think Sony Japan can without hiring From Software.  There's no one else third party that can do an Iron Man game that Sony can hire.

kitler53

I don't think Sony Japan can without hiring From Software.  There's no one else third party that can do an Iron Man game that Sony can hire.
i wouldn't go so far as to say no one but there are very few that could be trusted.  high quality 3rd party developers are becoming a very rare breed indeed.  especially ones that are willing to make exclusives instead of multiplats.

still,.. no one knows for sure what rocksteady is working on.   superman was rumored but then confirmed to not be true.  a superman game would have a lot of the same fundamental gameplay design as a ironman game.   that would be the best case scenario imo.    ...and isn't sony buying take-two?!?      ironman a ps5 exclusive confirmed!!

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

darkknightkryta

i wouldn't go so far as to say no one but there are very few that could be trusted.  high quality 3rd party developers are becoming a very rare breed indeed.  especially ones that are willing to make exclusives instead of multiplats.

still,.. no one knows for sure what rocksteady is working on.   superman was rumored but then confirmed to not be true.  a superman game would have a lot of the same fundamental gameplay design as a ironman game.   that would be the best case scenario imo.    ...and isn't sony buying take-two?!?      ironman a ps5 exclusive confirmed!!
I think Rocksteady was working on Superman.  Artists have leaked their work.  They probably couldn't get it working right.  I seriously doubt Sony wants to put Microsoft in a bidding war for publishers.  Only thing can be maybe Sony buying Rockstar from Take Two, but then again Rockstar only makes 2 games.  I personally believe Sony might be invoking their 3 game deal they made in exchange for Gran Theft Auto timed exclusivity, since Rockstar never produced anything.

BananaKing

Sony confirmed the rumor of them buying take two was false.

Also not sure who the third party Dev could be. Insomniac has multiple teams, they could make a specific iron man team and make it grow as much as needed to develop iron man.

I doubt Sony want to make their first party Devs work on IPs they don't own, but SSM can grow another team and make it.

Or Sony can help fund a new third party team with the deal and let them do the game. Or even develop a new first party Dev to handle it.