10 GB GDDR6 224 GB/s

Is that RAM slower than series X?

the-pi-guy

Is that RAM slower than series X?
Way slower.  
XSX is:

10 GB GPU optimized RAM @ 560GB/s, 6 GB system RAM @ 336 GB/s

Legend

Non directly confirms that there will be series x exclusives.

That's great. The vast majority of games should run wonderfully well on series s but there will still be games that need to skip xbox entirely if they have to support series s.

Xevross

Way slower.  
XSX is:

10 GB GPU optimized RAM @ 560GB/s, 6 GB system RAM @ 336 GB/s
Yikes, this really is a budget console in every way except CPU. MS gonna have to try and trick people into getting it.

the-pi-guy

Non directly confirms that there will be series x exclusives.

That's great. The vast majority of games should run wonderfully well on series s but there will still be games that need to skip xbox entirely if they have to support series s.
It does?

DerNebel

Yikes, this really is a budget console in every way except CPU. MS gonna have to try and trick people into getting it.
Don't worry they have their pathetic excuses for journalists already working hard on that for them.

Xevross

Sep 09, 2020, 02:26 PM Last Edit: Sep 09, 2020, 02:28 PM by Xevross
Don't worry they have their pathetic excuses for journalists already working hard on that for them.

I just saw this on Era, god this guy must be on the MS payroll, I can't stand him.

CPU is the only good thing about Series S and that's only because it needs to have the same one.

XSS vs XSX:

3x worse GPU
2x less storage in SSD
40% less RAM at 60% less speed
no disc drive
same CPU slight downclock

XSS vs PS5 digital:

2.5x worse GPU
60% less storage
50% less I/O SSD speed
40% less RAM at 50% less speed
CPU almost identical

Series S is only for people who are broke. Or for people who fall for Tom Warren's shame.

the-pi-guy

And the tweet isn't even right.

the-pi-guy

8 GB @ 224 GB/s
2 GB @ 56 GB/a

I would hope that doesn't become an issue.

DerNebel

Sep 09, 2020, 02:43 PM Last Edit: Sep 09, 2020, 02:59 PM by DerNebel
I just saw this on Era, god this guy must be on the MS payroll, I can't stand him.

CPU is the only good thing about Series S and that's only because it needs to have the same one.

XSS vs XSX:

3x worse GPU
2x less storage in SSD
40% less RAM at 60% less speed
no disc drive
same CPU slight downclock

XSS vs PS5 digital:

2.5x worse GPU
60% less storage
50% less I/O SSD speed
40% less RAM at 50% less speed
CPU almost identical

Series S is only for people who are broke. Or for people who fall for Tom Warren's shame.
Yeah Tom Warren is a genuine piece of garbage.

Wonder why he isn't tweeting about how your physical Xbox One games won't work in the Series S.  ::)

kitler53

8 GB @ 224 GB/s
2 GB @ 56 GB/a

I would hope that doesn't become an issue.
i'm not game developer here but to me this looks like it will really hold back next gen games if series s support is mandatory.    that or game developers will have to spent a lot of time optimizing the series s release to do more than just "lower resolution".

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

Xevross

i'm not game developer here but to me this looks like it will really hold back next gen games if series s support is mandatory.    that or game developers will have to spent a lot of time optimizing the series s release to do more than just "lower resolution".
Its probably good enough to run any 4K games the same at 1080p with a decent amount of optimisation work, that's 4x less pixels. 1440p is going to be a struggle, maybe if a game is 4k60 it can run 1440p30. Also RT is only gonna work at like 1080p30

DerNebel

Sep 09, 2020, 03:23 PM Last Edit: Sep 09, 2020, 06:09 PM by DerNebel
What a predictable reaction from 2020 resetera to dismiss and shame on a dev's worries over the Series S.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/remedy-technical-producer-on-xbox-series-s-as-a-consumer-i-love-this-as-a-technical-producer-i-see-trouble.283271/page-4

"He's just worried cause it'll cause more work for them" - Well good that that isn't a legitimate worry anymore. Guess we've moved past our pretend outrage over game development crunch.

Go Up