8 Core AMD Zen 2. 
8 Threads   @ 3.6 GHz or
16 Threads @ 3.4 GHz
GPU12 TF RDNA 2 Navi
13 TF worth of ray tracing
4 TF RDNA 2
RAMSingle Pool 16 GB GDDR6
10 GB GPU optimized RAM @ 560GB/s, 6 GB system RAM @ 336 GB/s
13.5 GB dedicated to games, 2.5GB  of system RAM dedicated to OS.
Single Pool 10 GB GDDR6
8 GB @ 224 GB/s, 2 GB @ 56 GB/s
Storage1 TB SSD
2.4 GB/s raw throughput, 4.8 compressed
512 GB SSD
2.4 GB/s raw throughput, 4.8 compressed
Expandable StoragePlaying Xbox Series games requires proprietary card storage
Storing Xbox Series games can be placed on external HDD
Previous Xbox games can be played or stored on external HDD
USB 3.2 support
Playing Xbox Series games requires proprietary card storage
Storing Xbox Series games can be placed on external HDD
Previous Xbox games can be played or stored on external HDD
USB 3.2 support
Optical Drive4K bluray drive (100GB)NA
Backwards CompatibilitySelect Xbox, Xbox 360 titles, all Xbox One titlesSelect Xbox, Xbox 360 titles, all Xbox One titles
Special FeaturesQuick Resume
Quick Resume

Legend

I want one.

Please be good Halo Infinite.

kitler53

I want one.

Please be good Halo Infinite.
getting both next gen systems or switching to xbox?

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

Legend

getting both next gen systems or switching to xbox?
Both.

Xbox One has been the only system I've skipped since I got into gaming. Since xsx has full bc, I figure it's a good way to play the few good games I missed. If Halo looks bad though I might end up holding off. That's what happened last gen.

kitler53

Both.

Xbox One has been the only system I've skipped since I got into gaming. Since xsx has full bc, I figure it's a good way to play the few good games I missed. If Halo looks bad though I might end up holding off. That's what happened last gen.
my opinion,.. mult-console ownership is overrated.  i had wii, ps3, xbox.   2 of the 3 just collected dust.   too much of the library is the same.   yes, missing a few exclusives sucks but there are sooooo many games to play on any one machine it isn't worth it to get hardware to play 2-3 exclusives.

my opinion.

Legend

my opinion,.. mult-console ownership is overrated.  i had wii, ps3, xbox.   2 of the 3 just collected dust.   too much of the library is the same.   yes, missing a few exclusives sucks but there are sooooo many games to play on any one machine it isn't worth it to get hardware to play 2-3 exclusives.

my opinion.
The only system that I've barely played is 3DS. Every other system I've owned has been played a lot. 360 and PS3 worked out since I split multiplats between the two.

the-pi-guy

I want one.
Unless the Series X is really expensive, this will be the first gen I get an Xbox as well.  

Legend

Unless the Series X is really expensive, this will be the first gen I get an Xbox as well.  
Why didn't you get an og xbox or 360?

Have you never played Halo?

the-pi-guy

Why didn't you get an og xbox or 360?
Other systems gave me more than enough to play. Still have PS2, PS3 games to play.  

Have you never played Halo?
Nope, but I have it on PC now.  

Legend

Other systems gave me more than enough to play. Still have PS2, PS3 games to play.  

Nope, but I have it on PC now.  

No clue how they hold up but Halo was epic. Halo 5 sucking was a big reason I skipped xbox one.

Xevross

If I settle down in my own place I may get an xbox too. Gaming on console is just so much better than PC and I want to play those Xbox games conveniently.

the-pi-guy

Phil Spencer: Xbox Series X still set to launch on schedule, but games could be delayed | ResetEra

Microsoft's Xbox chief, Phil Spencer, says the company's next-gen Xbox Series X console is still on schedule for later this year, but game production is a little more of an unknown. In an interview with CNBC, Spencer notes that there could be "some impact" to Xbox Series X schedules, but that "the teams are doing a very good job with keeping our hardware on track" and "overall we're in line with where we thought we would be."

"I'd say the bigger unknown is probably the game production, just being honest," says Spencer. "Game production is a large scale entertainment activity now, you have hundreds of people coming together, building assets, working through creative."

Xbox game developers are now mostly working from home, creating and sharing assets that are often gigabytes in size over US home internet connections -- an obvious challenge. "On the game production side, we're learning every day," admits Spencer. "I still feel good about it, but I also need to make sure that the security and safety of the teams is the most important thing, and not unduly push when things just aren't ready."  Click to expand... Click to shrink...  
This's how it's for the entire industry right now, and is probably gonna affect next gen launch for both 1st and 3rd party.  
[/size]

kitler53

Phil Spencer: Xbox Series X still set to launch on schedule, but games could be delayed | ResetEra
This's how it's for the entire industry right now, and is probably gonna affect next gen launch for both 1st and 3rd party.  

i don't make games,.. and my team is tiny compared to AAA game development,.. but we are having a hard time staying on schedule too.   we're not at a stand-still but adjusting to virtual everything has been quite the challenge.   we seemed to be fixing the communication problems by having waaaaay too many meetings.  and that cuts into actual productivity quickly.

Legend

the-pi-guy

XSX is a big boy.

And PS5 is a bit bigger yet.  

I wonder if this gen will have the biggest average console....

Go Up