The VR thread. U R Not red(e) PSVR2 is legitimate!

Started by Mmm_fish_tacos, Sep 05, 2015, 06:10 PM

previous topic - next topic

How sick of Pi's VR hype are you?

Ridiculously
0 (0%)
Very
1 (20%)
Somewhat
0 (0%)
Not at all
0 (0%)
Depends on my mood
4 (80%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Go Down

the-pi-guy

I'm kinda doubting this....  And by kinda, i mean very much.
PSVR set to officially launch next week, rumours place the price around $800 - NeoGAF

From the Dailymail/
The Japanese firm is hosting an invite-only event in San Francisco on 15 March, which is likely to feature the official launch of Sony's PlayStation VR, previously codenamed Project Morpheus.
 The invitation is also in line with Sony's promise that its VR headset would go on sale in the 'first half of 2016' when its official name was revealed last September.

The event will be followed by 'hands-on' demos, suggesting there will be some new hardware on display for attendees to try out.
 As far as we know, the PlayStation VR has a head-mounted display with 1080p HD resolution and a 90-degree field of view, while sensors built into the headset track head movements.

There's no official word on how much PlayStation VR will cost.
 However, earlier this year, a listing on Amazon's Canada site appearing to have been posted by accident revealed the headset will cost $1,125 CAD, which converts to $800 USD or £770.

Lol at the "rumours" regarding the price.

NeoGAF - View Single Post -  PSVR set to officially launch next week, rumours place the price around $800

Originally Posted by Get_craycray

Sorry, I wasn't aware Dailymail was a joke :(

/

ethomaz

the-pi-guy

the-pi-guy

kitler53

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

Dr. Pezus

Legend

Dr. Pezus

Isn't kitler making a prediction?
Yeah. Just the hints from Sony point to a nice price. I'm thinking 399 with everything included and a game

ethomaz

Seems like Sony will define the VR wave.

The OR talk about you need a super high PC ring will die fast when the sales start to show there is not enough people with high-end rings to buy it.

the-pi-guy

Seems like Sony will define the VR wave.

The OR talk about you need a super high PC ring will die fast when the sales start to show there is not enough people with high-end rings to buy it.
Someone on Chertz insists that PC is best because bigger install base (millions and millions), and other reasons.  

ethomaz

Someone on Chertz insists that PC is best because bigger install base (millions and millions), and other reasons.  
Chertz is fun :D

kitler53

Isn't kitler making a prediction?
nope.

i'm sleeping with a girl who's brother is married to a girl that cleans yoshida's house and she told me $299 for just the headset.  #truthfact.  add me to the batting average thread.

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

the-pi-guy

gamrConnect Forums - View Post

Zoombael said:

"You seem to forget that within the PC gaming spectrum, there are multiple types of PC gamers"[/font][/size]

No, i did not. I pointed out that High End PCs are not the rule.

They don't need to be.
Even if only 10% of PC gamers had a High-End PC, we are still talking 10's of millions of machines... The number is probably closer to 20 or 30%.
In December almost 5% of PC's had a Geforce 970, just that one card. - That's allot of boxes that can run circles around the PS4 and it continues to grow.

With consoles though... We just need to look at the Kinect for what can happen with 3rd party peripherals, when it succeed's you get a plethora of Titles.
When it doesn't... It often falls by the way side, forgotten in history.

...But one thing is for sure, if it is not bundled with the console from day 1, then it's support will almost be random.

Go Up