Jason Schreier: Sony's Horizon coming to PC later this year

Viewing single post

Started by the-pi-guy, Jan 16, 2020, 07:04 PM

previous topic - next topic

DerNebel

Video games bring out the inner child. It's both a positive and a negative at times. Plus it doesn't help that the vast majority of people don't know the business realities of being a platform holder, including us. It's pretty frustrating with this, Sony skipping E3, and XSX having cross gen exclusives. Games are changing and we should be able to discuss what this means. The general dismissiveness on the internet nowadays sucks.
Yes, it sucks big time. I mean yes we're all just arm chair analysts here, but does that mean we should just turn off our brain and accept anything these companies do as good (or bad depending on the internet's stance on the company) when it's announced? Everything is just black and white, no nuance allowed and it all needs to be taken at face value.

Have reservations about a subscription service based future for gaming? You're just a fanboy, who's jealous of the competitions service.

See value in exclusive software as that is often designed differently than multiplatform games due to a differing end goal? You're just a fanboy who doesn't want others to enjoy your games.

And now even:

You don't want first parties picking up more and more third party developers, as it brings the industry closer to a monopoly and also potentially takes away games from people who enjoyed them on other platforms? You're just a fanboy that's afraid you'll be the one losing the games.

"Bias" is just used as the "cure-all"-argument killer and it's made me realize that I'm simply sick of gaming discussion online nowadays. I don't want to claim that it was better a couple years ago, I probably simply took a form of enjoyment out of taking part in that kind of stuff back then. Nowadays it pisses me off so much, that I'm legitimately trying to cut out Resetera (which I just find dreadful with this stuff) of my internet consumption, for instance.