previous topic - next topic

Linked Events

Legend

winnie the pooh!

Xevross

Alright fudge this I'll read what happened later, this is shame

the-pi-guy

"Void Bastards" Announced, strategic FPS | ResetEra

Just announced at X018. Really interesting-looking FPS game from the "development director" of Bioshock and System Shock 2 (Jonathan Chey, co-founder of Irrational Games). The specifics of the gameplay are hard to explain, so worth checking out the trailer.

I think I'm (somehow) the first to make a thread on this one - if not, please lock.

EDIT: More info, courtesy of Destructoid:

The game is a balancing act of scavenging for supplies and crafting materials while trying not to press your luck too much. What good are well-laid plans if you bite the bullet early on? Playing as an "endless supply of prisoners," you'll bounce between spaceships, scouring floorplans each step of the way.

The main campaign is said to run in the 12- to 15-hour neighborhood.

Void Bastards will launch for PC and Xbox One in "early 2019" via publisher Humble Bundle.
[/size]

Crackdown 3: Wrecking Zone Gameplay Trailer | ResetEra

[/size]

Sea Of Thieves, The Arena announced (Competitive Multiplayer.) | ResetEra

Essentially, multiple teams compete to gain the most treasure, most likely under a time limit. Free update, as usual.
Releasing early 2019.  
[/size]

Xevross

The Era threads for this is one of the worst I've read in a while. People quite rightly complaining about the crowd and you've got loads of people calling them racist and saying the thread is making Era look bad. I was so tempted to reply to someone saying no, its people like you who are making Era look bad but I held myself back. What a weird place.

Dr. Pezus

What happened? Just this?

Xevross

What happened? Just this?
They just announced they'd bought a couple more studios and that lots of games are coming to game pass, by the sounds of it.

kitler53

i had never heard of inxile.  pretty medicore back log of games. 

obsidian is a bigger deal. but it doesn't look like they have ever really done their own ip. 

either way ms has a history of making a studio worse not better. 

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

Legend

They bought obsidian!?

Dr. Pezus

Xevross

They bought obsidian!?
Uhuh, Pillars of Eternity 2 was apparently a financial disaster, they had to be bought to stay alive and MS decided to do it.

Legend

Uhuh, Pillars of Eternity 2 was apparently a financial disaster, they had to be bought to stay alive and MS decided to do it.
I mean that's good but I'm just surprised something interesting was announced after I had to stop watching.

Xevross

I mean that's good but I'm just surprised something interesting was announced after I had to stop watching.
This was leaked and well known for quite a while anyway.

Legend

This was leaked and well known for quite a while anyway.
Well it wasn't well known by me!

Legend

Crackdown is Feb 15th. It moved up!

nnodley

sounds like a whole lot of nothing was announced. Will be a while before we see anything from their new studios.

Go Up