Gears of War 4 launches October 11

Started by Mmm_fish_tacos, Apr 06, 2016, 01:19 PM

previous topic - next topic

Mmm_fish_tacos

Apr 06, 2016, 01:19 PM Last Edit: Apr 06, 2016, 01:22 PM by Mmm_fish_tacos

NeoGAF - View Single Post -  Gears of War 4 launching October 11th

http://mjr.mn/1UIemmT
In a post over at Xbox Wire, Adam Fletcher, Director of Community from the Coalition, announced the release date for Gears of War 4:
 Gears fans, mark your calendars, as the next chapter in the Lancer-revving Gears of War saga is set to begin on Oct. 11 with the release of Gears of War 4.
 It’s been almost a year since Gears of War 4 made its global debut at E3 2015, and today’s announcement is set to ignite a chain of upcoming revelations about what’s in store for JD Fenix and the next generation of Gears heroes.
 Gears of War 4 marks the beginning of an epic new saga for one of gaming’s most celebrated franchises, as a new band of heroes rises to confront a fearsome new threat. Harkening back to the dark and intense roots of the original classic, fans can expect a familiar, yet distinct evolution of gameplay, including brutal and intimate action, a heart-pounding campaign, genre-defining multiplayer and stunning visuals powered by Unreal Engine 4.

Beginning on April 18, fans who’ve played Gears of War: Ultimate Edition on Xbox One or Windows 10 will be able to join the beta on Xbox One, which will expand to all Xbox Live Gold members on April 25. For more information on what to expect from the beta, check out our recent announcement highlighting the full details, and stay tuned to Xbox Wire and GearsofWar.com for more exciting news in the coming weeks and months.

kitler53

launches oct 11th but when will the game be finished?  my guess is january 2017.

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

Mmm_fish_tacos

I tried to copy from the xbox site but I was a mess. So here's a post stolen from gaf again.

Legend

Pretty early to announce a date.

Alpha is cool though.

the-pi-guy

Pretty early to announce a date.
Alpha is cool though.
My thinking is:
Wow. A specific day already?
This game is releasing rain or shine.

Legend

My thinking is:
Kinda, but more on the marketing side of things.

Just like Halo 5 Microsoft is wanting to make the launch an event itself.

Gears will have huge ads.

kitler53

My thinking is:
yeah.  this game is clearly launching in whatever state it is in this holiday. 

..i'm not a fan of delays by any measure but delays are better than releasing a broken game.  ms is going to destroy the value of their few remaining franchises if they do it too many more times.  i dunno,.. maybe gears is actually ready but we have seen so little of it it feels like they aren't ready yet.  i guess we'll know on release.

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

Kerotan

I wonder what the sales will be like.  Will it see a big decline like halo 5 did or will it hold.  Because if it holds then it's now on par with halo.  

Dr. Pezus

I wonder what the sales will be like.  Will it see a big decline like halo 5 did or will it hold.  Because if it holds then it's now on par with halo.  
It won't hold. I'm 99% sure on that. The question is how big the decline will be

Aura7541

Last October was rather dead, so I think Gears 4 won't sell as well as Gears 1-3, unless it receives critical acclaim across the board.