Vive launch party! Giant bombs live stream.

Started by Mmm_fish_tacos, Apr 05, 2016, 03:46 PM

previous topic - next topic

Mmm_fish_tacos

Giant Bomb Vive stream  | What a Time to Be a Vive! - NeoGAF

/ Welcome to the future future of VR, will the Vive have double the futures than the Rift? I'll leave that one to you. Much like the Oculus Rift stream, this one is going to be a rollercoaster ride. So, buckle up, we're in for a show. It's Vive's launch day!When?/WhereGiant BombYoutubeTwitch/ --- Games played in chronological order:Jeff The Lab(collection of minigames) #SelfieTennis VR Baseball - Homerun Derby Space Pirate Trainer Job Simulator

Mmm_fish_tacos

Apr 05, 2016, 04:29 PM Last Edit: Apr 05, 2016, 04:43 PM by Mmm_fish_tacos

Legend

I'm watching but I'm 1:30 behind.

Mmm_fish_tacos

Apr 05, 2016, 04:48 PM Last Edit: Apr 05, 2016, 05:12 PM by Mmm_fish_tacos
HTC Vive review: You can now buy your own holodeck simulator v1.0 | Ars Technica

Heavy and uncomfortable as well as amazing is the common likes is dislikes about it. Seems everyone agrees it's better that the rift.

I'm watching but I'm 1:30 behind.
I only watched 5 minutes or so. I'll have to wait till I get home later to watch it.

Review: HTC Vive

Legend

Job Simulator looks like a VR killer app.

It also has a spectator mode where the people watching get a view of the game through a security camera. The VR guy can grab the camera and move it around.

the-pi-guy

Sounds like room-scale is way awesome.

Legend

Sounds like room-scale is way awesome.
Eh, I think room scale is still way too small. In games you're in huge environments yet you can still only walk a few feet before hitting a wall.

the-pi-guy

Eh, I think room scale is still way too small. In games you're in huge environments yet you can still only walk a few feet before hitting a wall.
Yes, there's some problems with room scale that need to be figured out; but the immersion seems to be really powerful and well worth the drawbacks.  

More so than the Rift, the Vive shows us that interacting with virtual environments naturally is a key part of immersion.
whole-room VR can be a life-changing experience.
If it uses hand controls and exploits the physical space you make available to it, the resulting experience is unlike anything else you've tried.
The Rift almost gets there. And it'll likely deliver a similar experience when Touch arrives later this year. But without hands, today I still feel like a spectator. Intuitive controls and the ability to walk around are indescribable assets to a virtual reality experience.