The Gaming Community Thread! Multiplats and the like are welcome.

Started by Legend, Apr 23, 2015, 01:12 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Xevross

What is a tonandi?  

And how did it win?  
Some very strange, very expensive AR shame.

Legend

Oh crud that's stupid. Astro bot losing to another game would make sense since opinions are a thing.

Astro bot losing to a poor tech demo, what the heck...

Xevross

Feb 14, 2019, 08:25 PM Last Edit: Feb 14, 2019, 08:27 PM by Xevross
I'm really loving Ys VIII. Think I'm getting closer to the end now and the game has me so hooked. I just love pretty much everything about it. The combat, story, level design is so good. It doesn't really feel special or like a masterpiece, but its extremely well put together.

Oh crud that's stupid. Astro bot losing to another game would make sense since opinions are a thing.

Astro bot losing to a poor tech demo, what the heck...
Well its not a tech demo, its a $2,200 product you can buy called Magical Leap. Tonandi seems to be the best thing on there... maybe?

Tonandi | Magic Leap

Xevross

Here's a youtube vid of tonandi

It looks awesome yet terrible at the same time.

Legend

I'm really loving Ys VIII. Think I'm getting closer to the end now and the game has me so hooked. I just love pretty much everything about it. The combat, story, level design is so good. It doesn't really feel special or like a masterpiece, but its extremely well put together.
Well its not a tech demo, its a $2,200 product you can buy called Magical Leap. Tonandi seems to be the best thing on there... maybe?

Tonandi | Magic Leap
I misread the list and thought that was vr goty not vr technical achievement.

Still though, Tonandi seems more like a product of the headset than something technically impressive in itself.

the-pi-guy

Feb 14, 2019, 08:33 PM Last Edit: Feb 14, 2019, 08:47 PM by the-pi-guy
That's for the hardware to run it.

I misread the list and thought that was vr goty not vr technical achievement.
Beat Saber is pretty well liked so it's not surprising.  Was the highest rated steam game for a while. 

the-pi-guy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3boj1a-cSMw

2:19:40

Corey subtly basically calls out Activision.

the-pi-guy

(I haven't even played the game but it confusing that DICE disagreed with so many other people)
You should really play Astrobot.  

Xevross

You should really play Astrobot. 
Yep, only takes about 5 hours to play through the main game as well so time isn't an excuse! And there's at least another 5 more hours in there if you wanna do all the challenge levels and 100% complete, so its well worth the money.

Dr. Pezus

Yeah I really would have expected DICE to pick Astro Bot in the immersive reality category. Only other thing I find shocking here is the lack of RDR2 even nominated for Story. RDR2 has an amazing story, even better than GOW.

Also Mario Tennis Aces should not be touching any awards, lmao. Even fifa deserves the sports award more than that game, which is barely even a sports game.
Tónandi sounds like something icelandic

the-pi-guy

I know we have an Icelandic forum member.
I should ask if it means anything.

Legend

It is icelandic for sound spirit.

Dr. Pezus

It is icelandic for sound spirit.

I know what it means heh. Still it's not a daily word we use. Cool that sigur rós was involved. Like said previously, this was just the tech award!

Also, I really want beat Saber.
And holy hell, God of War domination

Legend

I know what it means heh. Still it's not a daily word we use. Cool that sigur rós was involved. Like said previously, this was just the tech award!

Also, I really want beat Saber.
And holy hell, God of War domination
lol well you acted like you didn't know!

the-pi-guy

"sounds Icelandic"
"I know what it means!"

Hehe .

Go Up