When will Sony's games release? CONTEST!

Started by Legend, Nov 02, 2017, 02:20 AM

previous topic - next topic

Legend

Nov 02, 2017, 02:20 AM Last Edit: Mar 02, 2018, 05:32 PM by Legend
My predictions

God of War-early 2018
Detroit-early 2018
Dreams-Summer 2018
Days Gone-Summer 2018
Spiderman-Fall 2018
TLOU 2-early 2019
Ghost of Tsushima-Summer 2019
Death Stranding-Holiday 2019

DerNebel

At this point I'm really wondering when they can release Dreams so it doesn't get eaten alive, to a lesser extend the same goes for Days Gone. Neither of them seem like holiday titles, but I don't see any indication of either of them getting done earlier either, then again, I didn't see that indication for Detroit either.

Currently I'd say:

Shadow of the Colossus: February 2018 (duh)
God of War: March 2018
Detroit: May 2018
Spider-Man: June/July 2018
Days Gone: November 2018 (I think they'll try to make this a big holiday title, it does have the potential for mass appeal at least)
Dreams: February 2019
TLOU2: March 2019
Ghost of Tsushima: May/June 2019
Death Stranding: October/November 2019

I also think there'll be one more semi significant Japan Studios game coming out during that time. Plus Sony might decide to give Demon's Souls the same treatment that Shadow of the Colossus is currently getting, but now that's really just speculation on my part.

Cute Pikachu

God of War-Like March 2018
Detroit-early 2018
Dreams-Summer 2018
Days Gone-Summer 2018
Spiderman-Fall 2018
TLOU 2- Holiday 2018
Ghost of Tsushima- Spring 2019
Death Stranding-Holiday 2020
The Vizioneck Nintendo Fanboy!

Switch Software Sales Guide:
http://vizioneck.com/forum/index.php?topic=5895.msg218699#new

the-pi-guy

God of War- March 2018
Detroit- May 2018
Dreams-June 2018
Days Gone- August 2018
Spiderman-October 2018
TLOU 2- June 2019
Ghost of Tsushima- October 2019
Death Stranding- November 2019

Legend

At this point I'm really wondering when they can release Dreams so it doesn't get eaten alive, to a lesser extend the same goes for Days Gone. Neither of them seem like holiday titles, but I don't see any indication of either of them getting done earlier either, then again, I didn't see that indication for Detroit either.

Currently I'd say:

Shadow of the Colossus: February 2018 (duh)
God of War: March 2018
Detroit: May 2018
Spider-Man: June/July 2018
Days Gone: November 2018 (I think they'll try to make this a big holiday title, it does have the potential for mass appeal at least)
Dreams: February 2019
TLOU2: March 2019
Ghost of Tsushima: May/June 2019
Death Stranding: October/November 2019

I also think there'll be one more semi significant Japan Studios game coming out during that time. Plus Sony might decide to give Demon's Souls the same treatment that Shadow of the Colossus is currently getting, but now that's really just speculation on my part.
Days gone needs to release soon because tlou2 is so similar. If tlou2 is only 5 months after days gone, the marketing could be tight. GOW started getting its marketing push ~9 months before release ie.

Days Gone has had a lot of raw gameplay shown if you think about it. We expect Spiderman to release first because of some rumors, but just looking at stage shows Days Gone is like a year ahead of Spiderman. I really expect it to release first because delays are not an option.

DerNebel

Days gone needs to release soon because tlou2 is so similar. If tlou2 is only 5 months after days gone, the marketing could be tight. GOW started getting its marketing push ~9 months before release ie.

Days Gone has had a lot of raw gameplay shown if you think about it. We expect Spiderman to release first because of some rumors, but just looking at stage shows Days Gone is like a year ahead of Spiderman. I really expect it to release first because delays are not an option.
Well it's less a rumor than a direct quote from a Sony exec. Days Gone could come earlier, but it hasn't even had a year announced yet.

the-pi-guy

God of War- March 2018
Detroit- May 2018
Dreams-June 2018
Days Gone- August 2018
Spiderman-October 2018
TLOU 2- June 2019
Ghost of Tsushima- October 2019
Death Stranding- November 2019
I still feel good about my predictions.  
Maybe some adjustments...  But not too bad.  

Legend

My predictions

God of War-early 2018
Detroit-early 2018
Dreams-Summer 2018
Days Gone-Summer 2018
Spiderman-Fall 2018
TLOU 2-early 2019
Ghost of Tsushima-Summer 2019
Death Stranding-Holiday 2019

Swap TLOU 2 and Tsushima.

darkknightkryta

I don't expect anything coming out until after E3.  They would have announced release dates at PSX if anything was ready before hand.

nnodley

I don't expect anything coming out until after E3.  They would have announced release dates at PSX if anything was ready before hand.
Well quantic dream said spring 2018 at PSX for detroit.  And I'm pretty sure god of war will be before June, but who knows.  I would have thought if GOW was March they would have already locked it in.  I'm just hoping they are going to announce the actual dates like a month or 2 out, but that's probably wishful thinking.

the-pi-guy

I don't expect anything coming out until after E3.  They would have announced release dates at PSX if anything was ready before hand.
I feel like Sony hasn't been announcing release dates like that lately.

Legend

They really really don't want to have more delays, even if they're only a couple weeks long.

No dates till the games are 99% finished.

darkknightkryta

But when are they going to announce these release dates?  I seriously doubt they're going to just do it over Twitter.  There's nothing majour from now till E3.

nnodley

But when are they going to announce these release dates?  I seriously doubt they're going to just do it over Twitter.  There's nothing majour from now till E3.
They announced Shadow of the Collosus' release date on the ps blog literally a day after they showed a new trailer at PGW.  Any time these games get a release date it will be all over so I doubt they are worried, imo.

DerNebel

You better start believing that they'll do just that.

Go Up