Halo Infinite |OT| Negative Infinity, I don't like it

Started by Legend, Oct 25, 2021, 03:17 PM

previous topic - next topic

Linked Events

Go Down

Legend

Halo 4 glitched so I need to restart a mission. There is supposed to be an alien ship but it never loaded, so the marines keep jumping over a mountain lol.

Also the drop in quality from 3 to 4 is super noticeable. Very jarring going from 3 to 4. The plot is confusing and I think it's contradicting the previous games. IDK, this is my first time playing past the beginning.

Also randomly the forum has 117 log messages right now. Coincidence!?

Legend

kitler53

looked pretty meh to me.  

visually it looks very last gen.  story looks bad.  no opinion on gameplay. 

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

Legend

Finished Halo 4. It's just so bad at times while being great at other times. That applies to the story, the gameplay, the environments, etc. Really all over the place. If this is considered the good campaign out of 343's work, oh boy Halo 5 will be interesting.

I went out of my way to find every terminal. The levels just felt completely different to how Bungie did stuff and it made the game feel more generic. Felt inspired by Uncharted and cinematic linear trends.

343's version of the forerunners is pure trash and I wish it never happened lol. Halo 2 went into the inner workings of the covenant and showed cool alien stuff. Halo 4 went into the inner workings of the forerunners and showed marriage issues.

Was also really funny seeing the ending quote from 343. Hasn't aged well.

the-pi-guy

I haven't played any of the Halo games. 

I do have the MCC on Steam, but alas my PC can't play any of them... 

My GPU right now is like a 1/3rd of what they recommend for Halo 1.   :-[

The GPU market sucks so bad right now. 

Legend

Legend

Halo 5 is so bad. I'm able to find the fun but nothing is great like Halo 4.

Story is trash and I hate having the squads. This game could have been ok if it was just Locke and his team as a full spinoff. They are fine to play as and have some development.

I also think 343 needs to toss the books aside and consider them non relevant to the games. Most players don't know about them and it often sucks in video game form.

The graphics are also distractingly bad at times. Enemies have Spiderverse style animations if they are more than a few feet away from you.

The gameplay is poor. Melee breaks a lot, the team is super random with revives, and the ai has the worst driving skills in the series. Ckeckpoints often don't work because a random enemy is hiding.

I wish I was still playing Halo 4 lol.

Dr. Pezus

Halo 5 is so bad. I'm able to find the fun but nothing is great like Halo 4.

Story is trash and I hate having the squads. This game could have been ok if it was just Locke and his team as a full spinoff. They are fine to play as and have some development.

I also think 343 needs to toss the books aside and consider them non relevant to the games. Most players don't know about them and it often sucks in video game form.

The graphics are also distractingly bad at times. Enemies have Spiderverse style animations if they are more than a few feet away from you.

The gameplay is poor. Melee breaks a lot, the team is super random with revives, and the ai has the worst driving skills in the series. Ckeckpoints often don't work because a random enemy is hiding.

I wish I was still playing Halo 4 lol.
When Infinite?

Legend

When Infinite?
I should finish 5 today or tomorrow. Then a good few days of break till Infinite on the 8th.

H2>H3>>H4>H1>>H5

I hope Infinite can fit between 3 and 4 in my ranking but I think between 1 and 5 is a safer bet. I can't see it being worse than 5, so I might need to update my meta prediction.

When reviews?

Legend

Oh god I forgot Halo 5 ended on a cliff hanger. Super glad it seems like the poor reception killed their plans for this story arc.

kitler53

I really hope infinite's campaign is just as bad as 5. 

..this is exactly why bluepoint should make Bloodborne 2.  no developer should make a sequel to another developers masterpieces. 

Legend

AKA the multiplayer has a chance to be 100% broken with players not noticing.

I really hope infinite's campaign is just as bad as 5.

..this is exactly why bluepoint should make Bloodborne 2.  no developer should make a sequel to another developers masterpieces.
Well after playing the whole franchise I'm definitely worried about how they'll pull off the open world. If Infinite sucks I imagine it'll be from the world being too boring, but there's always a chance they'll do more character assassination lol.

Legend

I'm sandwiched between Pi and pezus but I think I'm keeping this. I rewatched the first three trailers before my media blackout and nothing looks like 343 has properly learned from their mistakes.

Also opencritic and metacritic are treating multiplayer and campaign as a single product. A few multiplayer reviews are already up.

kitler53

Dec 03, 2021, 06:47 PM Last Edit: Dec 03, 2021, 06:49 PM by kitler53
wrong move, imo, to treat them as the same game.

the reviews for the campaign should only include the campaign since that's all you are buying. reviews should be used for to inform purchase decisions. 

if they we're both f2p it would be fine to group them.

BananaKing

wrong move, imo, to treat them as the same game.

the reviews for the campaign should only include the campaign since that's all you are buying. reviews should be used for to inform purchase decisions.  

if they we're both f2p it would be fine to group them.
I agree. They are completely different, and they didn't even have the same launch date either. This will help the single player score better

Go Up