Say Anything About The Game You're Currently Playing...

Started by ethomaz, Jun 05, 2014, 03:13 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

SWORDF1SH

"How did you think you finished portal 2!?"
Spoiler for Hidden:
I left the game just after Wheatly betrayed me and I thought it would shortly be followed by a boss battle with him. Didn't realise there would be a load more levels, let alone adding more puzzle mechanics.

the end isn't even the end.  you haven't finished the game if you haven't played the extra coop levels.
I plan on playing the co ops. I like a good co op game.

kitler53

yeah,.. that's more like the middle than the end. 

middle of the campaign I mean. you're only 1/3 through including the coop stuff.

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

Legend

@SWORDF1SH

I watched another person's playthrough of the Case of the Golden Idol and now I'm unsure if there's a few mistakes in there.

Spoiler for Hidden:
<br>In case 10 it says &quot;To execute his punishment BLANK was used on him...&quot; The solution is &quot;idol&quot; yet it&#39;s not grammatically correct. Through me for a loop since it&#39;s the only time this happens, as far as I can remember.<br><br>In case 7 the solution is &quot;signaled to Walter Keene with a tankard which cup had no poison.&quot; yet as far as I&#39;ve been able to figure out, this isn&#39;t ever shown. It can only be solved be filling in the blanks of the scroll.<br><br>In case 11 the correct solution is kidnapping Mary but kidnapping her husband is just as valid, as far as I can tell. At least from my understanding of the clues kidnapping her husband is more valid since Edmund talks about shipping him off in his letter. Maybe there is a rejection letter from her that I missed?<br><br>Also I don&#39;t exactly understand the timing of case 11.<br><br>The bike is spotted at 8:30 by the random woman yet David Gorran doesn&#39;t go to the inn till 10:30. Is he at the manor when Lazo dies, and he just carries on because?<br>

I want to love the game and I love a lot about it, but for now I'm really bummed that it's not the game I expected. It's much more of a point and click adventure game than an "immersive problem solving" game like Return of the Obra Dinn or Her Story. Great puzzles at least.

SWORDF1SH

@SWORDF1SH

I watched another person's playthrough of the Case of the Golden Idol and now I'm unsure if there's a few mistakes in there.

Spoiler for Hidden:

In case 10 it says "To execute his punishment BLANK was used on him..." The solution is "idol" yet it's not grammatically correct. Through me for a loop since it's the only time this happens, as far as I can remember.

In case 7 the solution is "signaled to Walter Keene with a tankard which cup had no poison." yet as far as I've been able to figure out, this isn't ever shown. It can only be solved be filling in the blanks of the scroll.

In case 11 the correct solution is kidnapping Mary but kidnapping her husband is just as valid, as far as I can tell. At least from my understanding of the clues kidnapping her husband is more valid since Edmund talks about shipping him off in his letter. Maybe there is a rejection letter from her that I missed?

Also I don't exactly understand the timing of case 11.

The bike is spotted at 8:30 by the random woman yet David Gorran doesn't go to the inn till 10:30. Is he at the manor when Lazo dies, and he just carries on because?

I want to love the game and I love a lot about it, but for now I'm really bummed that it's not the game I expected. It's much more of a point and click adventure game than an "immersive problem solving" game like Return of the Obra Dinn or Her Story. Great puzzles at least.
Dinn is on my wishlist waiting for a price cut. Played it on the PS and had a break from it but when I got back to it I completely forgot what was happening. So going to start again on PC. PC is just a better way to play.

Legend

Dinn is on my wishlist waiting for a price cut. Played it on the PS and had a break from it but when I got back to it I completely forgot what was happening. So going to start again on PC. PC is just a better way to play.
I'm thinking of replaying Dinn soon. It's been enough time that I'm hoping I won't remember too much. Plus the first time around I didn't go for 100%.

SWORDF1SH

Finished Portal 2, definitely this time, and yeah it's good. Enjoyed the quality voice acting.

SWORDF1SH

I hate Obduction. Hate hate HATE it. I spent hours trying to figure out what to I need to do, like 10 hours spending an hour here and there going over everything and figuring it out and not resorting to YouTube.  I eventually did go to YouTube to find out it was something I tried to do several times but not the way you supposed to. I'm happy that it wasn't  a major thing and something I already tried and therefore didn't really "cheat" by going to YouTube. But also annoyed that it wasn't a major thing and spent hours on it  >:( >:( >:(

Legend

I hate Obduction. Hate hate HATE it. I spent hours trying to figure out what to I need to do, like 10 hours spending an hour here and there going over everything and figuring it out and not resorting to YouTube.  I eventually did go to YouTube to find out it was something I tried to do several times but not the way you supposed to. I'm happy that it wasn't  a major thing and something I already tried and therefore didn't really "cheat" by going to YouTube. But also annoyed that it wasn't a major thing and spent hours on it  >:( >:( >:(
Oh that's too bad. What did you get stuck on?

Obduction isn't too similar to Hapax but I used it as a case study. I'd love to hear your detailed thoughts on things.

kitler53

obduction was amazing. 

no cheats for me.  you do kind of have to commit to this sort of game.  an hour here or there won't cut it. 

SWORDF1SH

Jan 28, 2023, 06:22 PM Last Edit: Jan 28, 2023, 06:24 PM by SWORDF1SH
Oh that's too bad. What did you get stuck on?

Obduction isn't too similar to Hapax but I used it as a case study. I'd love to hear your detailed thoughts on things.

Something really stupid. The device that you aim with to switch between what the giant wind turbine powers. I tried a few occasions to aim between different positions and I'm positive that it wasn't locked into one position before trying to move it. I'm guessing I was close to moving it but not precise enough. I can't remember what I did but know that I tried on 4 or 5 occasions to move it. I'm really loving the game so far. I don't  hate it really lol.  I share my final thoughts on the game when I complete it.

obduction was amazing.

no cheats for me.  you do kind of have to commit to this sort of game.  an hour here or there won't cut it.
I usually spend longer playing but since I've been stuck, I lost some motivation. I might of spent close to 20 hours on it so far.

kitler53

Jan 28, 2023, 06:28 PM Last Edit: Jan 28, 2023, 06:29 PM by kitler53
Something really stupid. The device that you aim with to switch between what the giant wind turbine powers. I tried a few occasions to aim between different positions and I'm positive that it wasn't locked into one position before trying to move it. I'm guessing I was close to moving it but not precise enough. I can't remember what I did but know that I tried on 4 or 5 occasions to move it. I'm really loving the game so far. I don't  hate it really lol.  I share my final thoughts on the game when I complete it.
I usually spend longer playing but since I've been stuck, I lost some motivation. I might of spent close to 20 hours on it so far.
it was a long game.  much longer than I thought it would be going in. 

but some of the puzzles are quite expansive and with multiple parts.   if you forget what you did on the first part you may have no chance at the fourth part.

I was the only thing I played and I played it for maybe 3 hours a night and it took me three weeks I think.  maybe four.   it was at least 40-60 hours for me.

SWORDF1SH

O shame, Steam say I've spent 30 hours on Obduction  :o

Legend

Steam says I only played for 9.7 hours :o

kitler53

I looked up a "how long to play" site.  says 12 hours. seems waaay to short for someone not playing with a FAQ. 

Legend

I looked up a "how long to play" site.  says 12 hours. seems waaay to short for someone not playing with a FAQ.
Haha I pulled out my old notebook and I definitely didn't look anything up. I did prioritize puzzles over lore though so I missed a few story things.

Also for fun here's my post from 2016.

Finished the game. At the moment it feels like a solid 8. Lots of great things it does, but man does it love wasting your time.

It felt like I spent over an hour on one specific puzzle that was near trivial. The game should have a super run speed and should speed up loading. Man do I feel sorry for people who don't play on an SSD.

Game wasn't too hard, at least to get to an ending. I never noticed a backup save option so I have near zero drive to go back in and try different things, so I'll just go on youtube and see if there's anything significant I missed.

One specific moment stole the show for me and man did I love it. Wish more scenes built off it.

Go Up