previous topic - next topic

Linked Events

Go Down

Xevross

Legend

Xevross

Legend

I'm leaving the forum guys bye
I think the only dlc I've ever played was Halo 2 dlc maps.

the-pi-guy

Dr. Pezus

Xevross

I think the only dlc I've ever played was Halo 2 dlc maps.
That's just really weird. DLCs can be amazing.

Legend

That's just really weird. DLCs can be amazing.
They feel odd for story based games imo.

the-pi-guy

Left Behind is practically its own small title.  It's not like it's shoehorned randomly into the story.

Xevross

How do you know that if you only ever played one?

DLC makes the most sense and is best in story driven games.

Legend

Left Behind is practically its own small title.  It's not like it's shoehorned randomly into the story.

That's the best type but it still feels weird to step back into the world for a small side adventure.

How do you know that if you only ever played one?

DLC makes the most sense and is best in story driven games.
I loved The Talos Principle but within a couple minutes of starting the DLC I closed the game. Maybe it would be better now that the original game wasn't fresh in my head, but they almost feel like they are the scraps left over from development.

Also tried the Heavy Rain DLC.

Also I bought the DLC for Breath of the Wild. I'm slowly doing my second playthrough, this time on switch, but I haven't reached any of the main dlc content. I think it'll only work since I was planning to the play the game again regardless of DLC.

Now that I thought about it, I've actually played some DLC for non story based PC games. Elite Dangerous, Civilization, Stellaris, and Roller Coaster Tycoon. The only console/handheld DLC I played was for Halo 2, PSASBR, and LittleBigPlanet.

Dr. Pezus

That's the best type but it still feels weird to step back into the world for a small side adventure.
I loved The Talos Principle but within a couple minutes of starting the DLC I closed the game. Maybe it would be better now that the original game wasn't fresh in my head, but they almost feel like they are the scraps left over from development.

Also tried the Heavy Rain DLC.

Also I bought the DLC for Breath of the Wild. I'm slowly doing my second playthrough, this time on switch, but I haven't reached any of the main dlc content. I think it'll only work since I was planning to the play the game again regardless of DLC.

Now that I thought about it, I've actually played some DLC for non story based PC games. Elite Dangerous, Civilization, Stellaris, and Roller Coaster Tycoon. The only console/handheld DLC I played was for Halo 2, PSASBR, and LittleBigPlanet.
Left behind isn't a side adventure lol

Legend

kitler53

oh no you fudgy didn't just say that,..   that DLC was amazing.

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

Xevross

Prequel then. Same thing.
dang you have some weird prejudice against DLC. Would you buy a prequel game? Why should a DLC be any different if its priced appropriately and has a good story to tell. I'm not super big on DLC but if a game I love releases some then hell yeah I'm getting it.

Go Up