PlayStation Community Thread

Started by Dr. Pezus, May 03, 2014, 03:25 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

the-pi-guy

Legend

I still just hate that facebook claimed the term "metaverse" and everyone embraced it. Like imagine how stupid it would have been if web 2.0 was called facebooknet and companies proudly proclaimed they were ready to play a leading role in facebooknet.

the-pi-guy

I still just hate that facebook claimed the term "metaverse" and everyone embraced it. Like imagine how stupid it would have been if web 2.0 was called facebooknet and companies proudly proclaimed they were ready to play a leading role in facebooknet.
I would just say that technically Metaverse is an older term.

But yeah it is super weird that Facebook changed their name to Meta to really claim the name, and it's also weird that no one really seems to be objecting to it, despite the fact that it doesn't really seem like people are using the word, and it seems like it's mostly corporations going along with Facebook.

It's weird because Sony/others really have a good opportunity right now to do something about the verbiage, but they're not.

the-pi-guy

Legend

the-pi-guy

What do they do?
They do online tournaments, I guess.

kitler53

https://www.repeat.gg/

free and paid online tournaments.   so more in the way of competitive professional gaming like with the EVO acquisition i guess.

i'm happy enough to admit i'm at best an "average" player.   i don't need to enter a tournament to prove to the world i suck...

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

kitler53

Is Repeat going to be PlayStation only
No, Repeat is a gaming community first and foremost and will continue with that focus in mind. We will continue to support PC, mobile and other consoles alongside PlayStation.
This includes the addition of the most popular competitive game titles, regardless of what platform they are available on.
lulz if playstation overtakes xbox's native community tools.

the-pi-guy

What a boring acquisition.

:'(

Legend

:'(

There was a time when I was a top ranked Killzone Mercenary player. Like top 100.

(then it came out of closed beta  :P  )

the-pi-guy

kitler53

Legend

PlayStation Indies: Development Hardware Loan Program - SIE Blog - English

:o
That's great. PlayStation development hardware is very expensive and a huge barrier for people starting out. Other companies have had programs like this for years.

nnodley

Yeah thats great.  xbox giving free dev kits was one reason why i was looking into them more than playstation at first.  This seems like a much easier entry point than they previously had.

kitler53

is this the literal reason ps seems to always be last (if ever) getting indie games??

it wasn't that long ago (vita) that Sony was first.   then all of a sudden Nintendo was first followed by Xbox.   annoys the crud out of me because I like indies a lot and being last to get games like hades or among us is annoying as hell. 

Go Up