XBOX COMMUNITY!!!!!!!!!!!!

Viewing single post

Started by Slayer, Sep 05, 2014, 02:13 AM

previous topic - next topic

Kerotan

They've bought 5 or 6 new studios this year, right? People know that, they've made that very publicly clear. Their lineup has been poor but its going to get better. Plus they have a new Halo coming at some point.

I don't get why you're saying "let off the hook", what do you even mean by that? There's not some prosecution service that comes after you if you don't put enough games out. People speak with their wallets, and MS sell what they sell. If they don't put enough games out then they're the ones losing money, they're not offending anyone or committing a crime by doing so.

I also think you're underestimating Gears, it could be a brilliant game. Just because its the fifth in the series doesn't mean it has to be bad, they've taken their time with this one. No matter the quality of it, its still going to be a very popular game anyway.

Xbox is fine and only getting stronger right now, unless they completely fudge up the launch again then their next gen console will sell very well.
I just don't see how they're getting stronger when they're being outsold by so much every week. Like 3/4:1. If anything they're becoming less relevant by the month.

Maybe their overall xbox brand will be okay but the rate they're going i can't see their next console improving on sales whatsoever. Especially if they keep pushing the pc side. They'll lose even more console sales to the pc side. And while it will have gamepass you don't need XBL on the pc so that move ultimately hurts them.

Their mindshare across Europe and Asia was decimated this gen. I can't see them doing reasonable anywhere except NA.

I just know that if Sony or Nintendo had such a shame output of 1st party there would be constant uproar online. But maybe MS are so irrelevant now that most don't even think about them so the uproar mostly alludes them.

And they've bought a few new studios. Who's to say a new wave of crud or canned games doesn't follow? Who's to say some don't get shut down if the next xbox sells even shitter then this one. I just don't get this blind optimism a small section online have in MS. Well i do actually. It's the PR of Phil Spencer doing it's job.