Is PSVR2 dying?

Started by Legend, Feb 02, 2024, 07:12 PM

previous topic - next topic

Legend

Feb 02, 2024, 07:12 PM Last Edit: Feb 03, 2024, 05:54 PM by Legend
There are many stories about how great meta quest 3 is doing, like Quest 3 Launch Drove Highest Ever Meta VR Revenue and Quest 3 Is Now The 3rd Most Used Headset On Steam, Rapidly Approaching Valve Index

Meanwhile every psvr2 story is either about how it's doing poorly or how it's having mixed success: Quest Massively Outsold PSVR 2 Over the 2023 Holiday and Sony exec calls Playstation VR 2 a "challenging category"

I predict a significant price cut this month (same month vita had its first price cut). edt: oops I misremembered Vita, no price cut till August. Hurry up and make it cheap Sony, I want one!

Dr. Pezus

I mean it's very expensive

the-pi-guy

I don't think it's ever been alive.

$550 price tag, requires a PS5, there hasn't been an abundance of must have games for it.

It was tracking fairly similar to the PSVR1. I think it had a better launch and then starting falling behind.

Quest 2 was $250 at one point and didn't need anything.

kitler53

I don't think it's ever been alive.
right.  Sony cared Soo little about it they didn't even port astro bot.  it was dead on arrival. 

your fudgy crazy to expect a price drop.  they will milk every last penny of profit they can get from the hardware.  they aren't attempting to liss lead on this. 

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens