My Unreal Engine 4 game level - Want feedback and would love suggestions

Viewing single post

Started by nnodley, May 03, 2014, 12:06 AM

previous topic - next topic

Raven

Alright so this weekend I plan on getting a lot of details on what I want to make done as well as a few sketches.  I won't begin modeling and texturing till next weekend or later as I want to have a lot of reference images and sketches finished first.  As well as some gameplay elements I can build the level around. 

First off I want to get all you guy's opinion on the idea I have so far.  So I'm a big fan of post-apocalyptic, and realistic foliage and architecture, but I don't exactly want to do a post apocalyptic type level because it's over used.  So what I was thinking on my drive back from my class was to create a level where trees and other various other foliage was used as supports for houses, some taller business buildings, etc.  So basically when they went to build all these buildings they decided to preserve nature and build everything around the trees or using them as supports if need be.  In short it's a small city built in a forest.  And walkways are hooked onto trees from building to building so everything is connected. 

It's hard to explain, but I have it in my head so hopefully I can get some sketches this weekend for better visualization.

Over the next 4 months I will post updates on everything for feedback or suggestions on changes I could make.

I can't stand the typical post-apocalyptic scenario. It's why I never got into Fallout. Yeah, I'll definitely make at least a few suggestions based on what you show us.