Movie Thread

Started by Dr. Pezus, May 25, 2014, 04:14 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Max King of the Wild

Ghost busters had a sharper than anticipated 2nd Friday drop off

Xevross

Are you only here to try and make ghostbusters look as bad as possible?

the-pi-guy

I was anticipating 5m, so it beat what I was anticipating.  

Do you have like a bet going on with someone, and you're trying to invent a bunch of arguments to prove to them that you win?  

Really want to know why you care so much.  I'm personally expecting it to disappoint, but no where near as bad as how you're claiming.  
Have you seen the movie?  Did it do horrific things to your family?  

Max King of the Wild

Jul 23, 2016, 07:52 PM Last Edit: Jul 23, 2016, 07:56 PM by Max King of the Wild
Are you only here to try and make ghostbusters look as bad as possible?
I don't need to try. I'm just posting the news that you guys are denying. Once we all realize it's a mega flop is the moment we can all move on

I was anticipating 5m, so it beat what I was anticipating. 

Do you have like a bet going on with someone, and you're trying to invent a bunch of arguments to prove to them that you win? 

Really want to know why you care so much.  I'm personally expecting it to disappoint, but no where near as bad as how you're claiming. 
Have you seen the movie?  Did it do horrific things to your family? 
Your anticipation is useless and meaningless though. The people in the industry expected a better hold (and better opening). Also, the movie looks like scary movie 6 or 7 (what ever one they are on now). Why would I waste my money? I can hold off till it's in redbox

Legend

Your anticipation is useless and meaningless though. The people in the industry expected a better hold (and better opening). Also, the movie looks like scary movie 6 or 7 (what ever one they are on now). Why would I waste my money? I can hold off till it's in redbox
I think it looks stupid, but the CGI/ghosts seem really good. Will rent it from the library.

Looks better than I was expecting at least.

Xevross

I don't need to try. I'm just posting the news that you guys are denying. Once we all realize it's a mega flop is the moment we can all move on
I haven't denied anything and I haven't really looked into how well its doing to make my own judgment tbh. Its just all you seem to post in here is bad news about ghostbusters. Is there any films you're wanting to do well?

I just saw Star Trek, it was pretty awesome :D

Dr. Pezus

Hype!

So many juicy trailers today. Wonder woman, justice league, suicide squad, Kong, King arthur

Legend

I just saw Star Trek, it was pretty awesome
Yar!

I haven't denied anything and I haven't really looked into how well its doing to make my own judgment tbh. Its just all you seem to post in here is bad news about ghostbusters. Is there any films you're wanting to do well?
To be far, it's fine for Max to dislike a movie and want to post about it failing/him wanting it to fail.

nnodley

Actually just watched the first 2 star trek movies today! Thought they were great.  Never really been into start trek, but now super excited to see the new one sometime.

Aura7541

I heard that the Ghostbusters movie isn't actually that terrible (though still not good from what my friends told me) and it was more of the fault of the trailer.

Max King of the Wild

I heard that the Ghostbusters movie isn't actually that terrible (though still not good from what my friends told me) and it was more of the fault of the trailer.
Most of what I've heard is the humor is the only redeeming factor....

Lego Batman looks better than everything else released

Max King of the Wild

Ghostbusters was projected to do 23m due to the typical "comedy drop off" with a possibility of it dropping less due to "fieg and McCarthy normal holds"

Ended up doing 21m due to star treks Friday debut.

From this point on theaters will be taking a pretty good chunk out of sales. 150m loss I first said was generous.

Legend

Glad to see Star Trek did good. Hopefully it has better legs than the previous one.

Legend

It'd be really cool if there was a horror film shot from the ghost's perspective. So instead of it being jump scares every time the ghost pops up, the camera is tracking behind the ghost showing how it's moving in and out of visibility.

Go Up