Most members lurk on forums

Started by the-pi-guy, Apr 03, 2015, 06:18 AM

previous topic - next topic

the-pi-guy

For me, I have an account on VGC, Neogaf, and here. I don't like having to juggle between three forums. Before, I was most active on VGC, but I've since only post there a few times over the past week because I no longer find it enjoyable. Now, I'm the most active on GAF and thinking about participating more over here, as well.

I just think it's interesting to go through the trouble of making an account, but not even using it once. 

--------------
I mostly just post here.  If I'm looking for an argument, I post somewhere else.  :D

kitler53

I just think it's interesting to go through the trouble of making an account, but not even using it once. 

--------------
I mostly just post here.  If I'm looking for an argument, I post somewhere else.  :D

i have a neogaf account that has posted only 5 or so times.  if you read it is nice that the forum tracks what you have read or not even if you don't ever post.

kind of why i hate vgz moderation.  not being able to post sucks but not knowing what you read is unbearable.  i quit the site for the duration of every ban.

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

the-pi-guy

i have a neogaf account that has posted only 5 or so times.  if you read it is nice that the forum tracks what you have read or not even if you don't ever post.

kind of why i hate vgz moderation.  not being able to post sucks but not knowing what you read is unbearable.  i quit the site for the duration of every ban.

There is that, but most of those have never return to the site.

Aura7541

I think that's a wonderful idea!

Over the years I've had lots of accounts on lots of various gaming forums. I still read GAF and lurk reddit from time to time. Only actively post here though.

It's quite interesting how different GAF and VGC are in terms of moderation and quality of discussion. The one thing I really appreciate on GAF is that shitposting and derailment are actually dealt with in a relatively swift manner. This is VGC's biggest weakness, in my opinion. Too many users from all sides either derail and/or go on a stubborn streak, but aren't dealt with because the rules lack a clause for those two things. It has been happening a lot on VGC recently and is one of the reasons why Tachikoma left. That was when I decided to basically move to other forums.

kitler53

It's quite interesting how different GAF and VGC are in terms of moderation and quality of discussion. The one thing I really appreciate on GAF is that shitposting and derailment are actually dealt with in a relatively swift manner. This is VGC's biggest weakness, in my opinion. Too many users from all sides either derail and/or go on a stubborn streak, but aren't dealt with because the rules lack a clause for those two things. It has been happening a lot on VGC recently and is one of the reasons why Tachikoma left. That was when I decided to basically move to other forums.

tachikoma left already?!?   sad. i liked her.

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

darkknightkryta

Yeah VGC's moderators are uneven.  Some of the moderators are the ones causing the derailment.  I remember specifically, in an Arkham City Wii U discussion.  We were discussing how the port turned out.  Moderator himself derailed the thread, then closed it cause it was off topic.  That stuff happens a lot there.  Then people who shouldn't be banned get banned for similar reasons.  On the plus side here, if something gets derailed, it can be spun off to a new topic.

Cute Pikachu

Chartz and here for me
I use neogaf to lurk though :-)
The Vizioneck Nintendo Fanboy!

Switch Software Sales Guide:
http://vizioneck.com/forum/index.php?topic=5895.msg218699#new

Aura7541

Yeah... =/

The tipping point was when she got banned for calling China a joke while she was updating her Xeno X thread, but the main reason why she left was because of the console warrioring (usually in the form of stubborn streaks) from all sides. And I don't blame her.

Cute Pikachu

NOOO!!!
she was amazing :(

Cute Pikachu

I do agree for example I made a thread reviewing Ni No Kuni since I just finished it and someone was complaining about me saying its one of the best stories ive seen yet in a game....

Aura7541

I do agree for example I made a thread reviewing Ni No Kuni since I just finished it and someone was complaining about me saying its one of the best stories ive seen yet in a game....

Kupomogli? Yep, he's one of those people who thinks his opinions are the only valid ones. I detest those types of people and they're part of the reason why I've not been so active on VGC. I thought you made well thought-out opinions, but in Kupomogli's case, it's "you're wrong because you don't think like me".

Cute Pikachu

Kupomogli? Yep, he's one of those people who thinks his opinions are the only valid ones. I detest those types of people and they're part of the reason why I've not been so active on VGC. I thought you made well thought-out opinions, but in Kupomogli's case, it's "you're wrong because you don't think like me".

Yeah dont understand
its just an opinion :)
Its not like I got paid to do it I just reviewed it for fun.

Dr. Pezus

For some reason there are a lot of people like that on VGC. I would name some more but I don't want to derail the thread

Cute Pikachu

For some reason there are a lot of people like that on VGC. I would name some more but I don't want to derail the thread

am I one of them because I have came out to say sorry for things.

BasilZero

That Ninsect fella - THERE I DID IT YOU WOMAN :O

Go Up