Most members lurk on forums

Started by the-pi-guy, Apr 03, 2015, 06:18 AM

previous topic - next topic

the-pi-guy

We seem to have members who haven't introduced themselves.

A good portion of them haven't even posted.  It's like that on any forum.

Xbro

A good portion of them haven't even posted.  It's like that on any forum.

Yup. Not sure the reasoning.
3 people like this

the-pi-guy

Yup. Not sure the reasoning.

Me either.  You'd think if they bothered to get an account, they'd post. 

Legend

They're most likely spambots, at least the three that just joined.

Also it's very normal for people to sign up but not post.

darkknightkryta

Me either.  You'd think if they bothered to get an account, they'd post. 

A lot of people got accounts, that we know are people, and aren't posting.

the-pi-guy

Yeah, I know. 
I just think it's interesting to be motivated enough to make an account, but not motivated enough to make a single post. 

Dr. Pezus

We know the accounts are people? o.O

Legend

Yeah, I know. 
I just think it's interesting to be motivated enough to make an account, but not motivated enough to make a single post. 

I heard a stat that on average only 30% of members ever post on forums. Lurking is popular.

darkknightkryta

I heard a stat that on average only 30% of members ever post on forums. Lurking is popular.

Yeah.  Though I think the amount of posters in a forum are generally the same.  People come and go and as the userbase technically gets bigger, the amount of active posters stay the same.

Legend

A new thread appears!

Yeah.  Though I think the amount of posters in a forum are generally the same.  People come and go and as the userbase technically gets bigger, the amount of active posters stay the same.

Yeah

kitler53

wow, so there are like 30 people reading this that i never met.  hello!

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

Cute Pikachu

Well we need to fix that :P
with horrible stuff or something :P
The Vizioneck Nintendo Fanboy!

Switch Software Sales Guide:
http://vizioneck.com/forum/index.php?topic=5895.msg218699#new

Aura7541

Yeah, I know. 

For me, I have an account on VGC, Neogaf, and here. I don't like having to juggle between three forums. Before, I was most active on VGC, but I've since only post there a few times over the past week because I no longer find it enjoyable. Now, I'm the most active on GAF and thinking about participating more over here, as well.

BasilZero

My activity rate goes like dis for forums

85% on GAF
14% Vizioneck
1% GameFaqs and some other random anime forum I go to.

I post from time to time on GAF but I mainly lurk to read gaming news and discussions - and from time to time the general discussion section for News, movie/tv show, anime discussions.

Legend

For me, I have an account on VGC, Neogaf, and here. I don't like having to juggle between three forums. Before, I was most active on VGC, but I've since only post there a few times over the past week because I no longer find it enjoyable. Now, I'm the most active on GAF and thinking about participating more over here, as well.

I think that's a wonderful idea!

Over the years I've had lots of accounts on lots of various gaming forums. I still read GAF and lurk reddit from time to time. Only actively post here though.