previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Mmm_fish_tacos

Ben got a hold of a piece of dog food. :(
Did he try to eat it?

the-pi-guy

Mmm_fish_tacos

He did eat it.  
Well hell be okay. One of mine ate part of a diaper once.

Dr. Pezus

Legend

I had a dream I was flying under a helicopter ski lift style (the old kind) while my mom was piloting both the helicopter and a filming drone. Was strange.

Dr. Pezus

Fb, ig, messenger acting up for anyone else?

the-pi-guy

Fb, ig, messenger acting up for anyone else?
Seems fine to me

Xevross

What browsers do people use? I mostly use chrome but tried switching to firefox since chrome is getting shaming with spyware and blocking adblocking etc. but dang firefox feels so shame compared to chrome. Its not anything major either, its just a few small things that disrupt the experience that jusrt add up to be annoying. Chrome is just so smooth and works amazingly but firefox pisses me off all the time ;D

Might try a different chromium browser like ... edge... I guess.

Legend

What browsers do people use? I mostly use chrome but tried switching to firefox since chrome is getting shaming with spyware and blocking adblocking etc. but dang firefox feels so shame compared to chrome. Its not anything major either, its just a few small things that disrupt the experience that jusrt add up to be annoying. Chrome is just so smooth and works amazingly but firefox pisses me off all the time ;D

I use chrome on my desktop and firefox on my phone. Still have firefox installed on my PC but I only use it when testing the website.

Firefox had a recent update that made it "better" than chrome on the tech side so maybe you could find a skin that makes it work better visually for you?

Xevross

I use chrome on my desktop and firefox on my phone. Still have firefox installed on my PC but I only use it when testing the website.

Firefox had a recent update that made it "better" than chrome on the tech side so maybe you could find a skin that makes it work better visually for you?
Its not visual at all, its all to do with function, chrome is just much smoother, faster and well designed overall.

Xevross

Tried edge and it feels okay but went back to chrome and man its sexy after using firefox for a while. Eh, guess I'll just have to suck up the privacy cost and all that for what's obviously the best browser. (also firefox uses like 3x more RAM than chrome which is crazy).

Legend

Its not visual at all, its all to do with function, chrome is just much smoother, faster and well designed overall.
Huh. Outside of user experience things, I've heard nothing but praise for Firefox Quantum till now.

the-pi-guy

Tried edge and it feels okay but went back to chrome and man its sexy after using firefox for a while. Eh, guess I'll just have to suck up the privacy cost and all that for what's obviously the best browser. (also firefox uses like 3x more RAM than chrome which is crazy).
I feel like Chrome works better, but I'm surprised that it'd have an advantage for RAM usage for you.

Why would you use Edge? 
Use Chromium instead? 

I havent had these issues with Chrome.

Xevross

Jul 02, 2019, 11:22 PM Last Edit: Jul 02, 2019, 11:32 PM by Xevross
Huh. Outside of user experience things, I've heard nothing but praise for Firefox Quantum till now.
Yeah firefox quantum is so much better than firefox used to be, but its still bad compared to chrome. Page load times are quite comparable now (although I found chrome to be faster still) but chrome is much faster when flicking through tabs quickly and bringing up menus etc. Chrome scrolls much smoother and just generally gets all the small things right while firefox still has a few hitches.

I wonder if these people praising firefox just avoid chrome or if they're praising quantum with the asterisk that chrome is still better.

I feel like Chrome works better, but I'm surprised that it'd have an advantage for RAM usage for you.
Why would you use Edge?  
Use Chromium instead?  

I havent had these issues with Chrome.
Thought I'd give edge a try since people said its improved a lot lately but its still super crud compared to chrome. I haven't had any issues with chrome but if they start blocking adblockers then there's gonna be issues, thought I'd switch to firefox and get ahead of the game but I just can't stick with firefox, it annoys me too much.

darkknightkryta

Go Up