The VR thread. U R Not red(e) PSVR2 is legitimate!

Started by Mmm_fish_tacos, Sep 05, 2015, 06:10 PM

previous topic - next topic

How sick of Pi's VR hype are you?

Go Down

Legend

lol
The recommended specs are (from memory, here I go):
intel i5-4590
8 GB Ram
GTX 970
Then there's a few other things like HDMI, USB ports.  

Your PC (from recent memory)
intel i7-4790k (k?)
8 GB RAM
GTX 970

So yeah, you're fine.  

Tacos
AMD 8320E
8 GB RAM (?)
2 * GTX 970

Tacos, will be good too.  Even though no AMD is recommended for Oculus.  As long as he's able to run his games at a good frame rate, he'll be great.  
Right on the money with my specs.

I want to play at ultra settings though :(

Mmm_fish_tacos

Right on the money with my specs.

I want to play at ultra settings though :(
980 ti bro  

kitler53

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

Mmm_fish_tacos

Rorono

You know what would work well with VR? Fatal Frame. Imagine taking fatal frames (the mechanic) in VR

kitler53

You know what would work well with VR? Fatal Frame. Imagine taking fatal frames (the mechanic) in VR
or a game where you were a bad stuff photographer.

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

Mmm_fish_tacos

NeoGAF - View Single Post -  PS VR has the strongest games lineup according to GameStop CEO

Paul Raines, GameStop CEO, shared his thoughts regarding VR during the ICR Conference 2016 in Orlando and, according to him, Sony seems to have the strongest lineup with PlayStation VR.
Raines said he wouldn't be drawn into a conversation about the quality of the three major headsets, instead saying Oculus Rift, HTC Vive, and PlayStation VR all look great. The bigger consideration for GameStop, Raines said, is the breadth of content that will be available. In that regard, Sony has the edge.
 "The more important thing will be the title count at launch," Raines said. "I think that's going to be big. And from what we can see at this point, Sony seems to have the strongest title count."
 It's still relatively early days, however, and none of the VR companies have yet to provide any specifics on the number of games that will be available for their devices. For its part, Sony has said more than 200 developers have signed up to make PlayStation VR games, of which 100 or more are currently in development.
 Raines went on to say that the games lineup for each device will come into focus over time. He pointed out that GameStop has a team in Hawaii right now attending a sales meeting where Sony may divulge more information.

/
 More details here: http://www.gamespot.com/articles/ps4.../1100-6433750/Here's a thread with confirmed games/demos/apps for the PS VR (as of 12/21/2015, which is the last time it has been edited)
Originally Posted by biglittleps

Here it is : http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1044658

Mmm_fish_tacos

I have a feeling I'll be stuck buying two headsets.

the-pi-guy

NeoGAF - View Single Post -  PSVR PSX 2015 gameovergreggy shoutcast RIGS Mech Combat League

I was one of the first at PSX to play this, and got the sweet jersey they were handing out.
 Game was really really cool, despite the fact that my unit was having some drift issues. Definitely excited about this and can't wait to PSVR down the road.
 First moment of getting in the mech, and looking down at my own body was one of the most "WOW" moments I've had in gaming in a long time.
 When you start a match, you are launched out of cylinder and shot 100 or so feet in the air. I was totally convinced I was that high up, and was legitimately scared lol.

Mmm_fish_tacos

Legend

Mmm_fish_tacos

Hey, we can still do colors!
I was trying to figure it out. I really didn't try that hard...

Thanks!

Mmm_fish_tacos

Looks like new pre-orders for oculus now have July ship dates

Mmm_fish_tacos

the-pi-guy

A while ago, I was at EAA, and I got to try something that was kind of like a VR set.  It had a display that you held onto your face.  You could drive around a car by turning the headset. Low resolution, bad.  It was interesting, it wasn't great though.
Today, they had a GearVR set up at BestBuy so I tried it out.  I only got to see a little menu thing.  I wasn't sure how to work the thing.  It looked good, even though I could see pixels.  It just felt great though.  I don't know what it was exactly, it just felt great.  It was just a little menu, it felt fairly comfortable, but it was just crazy cool to be able to look around. I'm so excited for the real thing!

I kinda feel like a lot of people are expecting it to be like the first thing I experienced.  Interesting, but not worth buying.  

Go Up