Long Island man finds skeletal remains under basement that are likely his father missing 67 years

Started by the-pi-guy, Nov 02, 2018, 05:34 PM

previous topic - next topic

the-pi-guy

Weird.
Long Island man finds skeletal remains under basement that are likely his father missing 67 years | ResetEra

https://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/loc...her-Long-Island-Carroll-Family-499304341.html

A son of a Long Island man who vanished in 1961, leaving his wife and children alone to grapple with the mystery of his disappearance for decades, says he feels relieved by the discovery of bones in the same home this Halloween.

"We felt abandoned as kids but he was here the whole time," Steven Carroll, who was just 5 when his father George disappeared, told News 4 Thursday.

Steven Carroll and his brother Michael stumbled upon a skeleton in their basement Wednesday; bones they believe belong to their long missing father.

Steven Carroll says his mother told him and his siblings very little about what had happened until just before her death in 1998. The family never filed any missing persons report and there is "no record" of police involvements in his disappearance, Suffolk County police say.Click to expand...
I heard about this on the radio this morning.

Apparently one day the father "had gone out of the house for a task" (the old went for cigarettes and never came back) and had never returned. This is what his children were told by their mother. There was never a missing persons report put out. It had become family gossip that his dead body might beneath the concrete floor of the basement. Their mother had died in 1998. One of the missing man's children tried to dig up the basement floor years ago, but had to stop due to structural issues that would make the house unsafe. With advances in technology he went back to digging just recently with his two sons. Six feet under the basement skeletal remains were found against a support structure.  

BananaKing

What the fudge.

I didn't read the whole article yet but did the mother kill him?

the-pi-guy

What the fudge.

I didn't read the whole article yet but did the mother kill him?
I didn't see anything in the article, but I have no doubt that's the case.