F2P Titanfall battle royale out tomorrow

Viewing single post

Started by Legend, Feb 03, 2019, 04:11 PM

previous topic - next topic

Xevross

I thought it was a Titanfall gameplay in battle royale format.

Actually is a Titanfall with Overwatch gameplay in battle royale format.

Feels weird.

The problem is that they are using Overwatch gameplay with powers and all instead what they had with Titanfall.
It is basically not made for Titanfall players.

You can't even use transversal jumps and run over walls.
Eh, looks like its still Titanfall mechanically. The gunplay and movement is all from Titanfall, its just lacking wall running and double jumps. And its hardly "overwatch gameplay" for having different heroes/ legends that have a few abilities. Literally hundreds of games have done that.

You can run up walls a little bit, you can slide quite far as well. Its still got a lot of the fast traversal from Titanfall, its just missing those two things. They removed the double jumps and wall running after testing, saying it didn't fit well and the game was better without them, fair enough.

And the other big thing from Titanfall they're missing is obviously the Titans. I'm not sure on this one, I feel like they could have fit them in somewhere. Maybe as cargo drop style things where players fight over using them. They'd be powerful but with a fairly exploitable weakness. idk though, it looks fun and fluid but I think it needs a little bit more to be unique, and Titans may be that. I imagine they've thought a lot about where Titans might fit in, I hope they do it eventually.