Phil Spencer: industry will start to see impacts of coronavirus next year

Started by the-pi-guy, May 13, 2020, 12:14 PM

previous topic - next topic

kitler53

naughty dog is screwed.

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

BananaKing

naughty dog is screwed.
If anything they probably wont be affected. They have done their mocap now and are finished with the game. They are moving on to their next and arent at the mocap stage. Its games that are halfway through development that are screwed.

kitler53

If anything they probably wont be affected. They have done their mocap now and are finished with the game. They are moving on to their next and arent at the mocap stage. Its games that are halfway through development that are screwed.
okay fine.  i'm just saying ND is one of the most "cinematic" studios in the industry and they probably have a ton of mo-cap for their games.

BananaKing

okay fine.  i'm just saying ND is one of the most "cinematic" studios in the industry and they probably have a ton of mo-cap for their games.
They probably do. But it's all open the timing of production vs timing of the virus. Things are starting to open up across Europe. People are allowed to start going back to work. So the affects wont last long

I can see horizon being hampered a lot by this if they were in the middle of mocap

kitler53

They probably do. But it's all open the timing of production vs timing of the virus. Things are starting to open up across Europe. People are allowed to start going back to work. So the affects wont last long

I can see horizon being hampered a lot by this if they were in the middle of mocap
the reopening probably won't last long.  sorry to be pessimisstic here but we are a long, long way from being ready to be really open.  my work is already talking about keeping the office closed for the rest of the year.