For many gamers, this will be their first next gen transition. Did the mid gen refresh harm expectations?

Started by Legend, May 13, 2020, 02:43 AM

previous topic - next topic

Legend

I remember many people hoping for all ps4 games to be 60 fps, but I don't remember taking it for granted like they have with the xsx.

It has been 7 years since the PS4 launch so for most teenage gamers, this is the first transition they've payed attention to.

Yet far more young people were around for xox and ps4 pro. Are those systems making people expect xsx and ps5 to work the same way?

Outside of ray tracing, I feel like most posters online think the only big changes will be to resolutions and framerates. Very few people seem to expect the games themselves to look better.

BananaKing

A lot of people will be disappointed when it comes to frame rates

Single player games will continue to be 30 for the most part. As aspects such as a games presentation will take precedence

For multiplayer games, just like those gen the preference will be 60fps

Legend

A lot of people will be disappointed when it comes to frame rates

Single player games will continue to be 30 for the most part. As aspects such as a games presentation will take precedence

For multiplayer games, just like those gen the preference will be 60fps
At some point in the future I think higher framerates will become standard but yeah, it's a design choice not a result of hardware. Different genres matter more than different generations.

the-pi-guy

I'm not really sure.  I don't think I  see very many youngins, so I have no idea what they think.