Do you expect PS5 to have a good reveal?

Started by Legend, May 11, 2020, 08:26 PM

previous topic - next topic

Legend

Both xsx and ps5 have been pretty poor with their showings so far. The systems will be great but the reveals have been funky.

Do you expect Sony to do better going forward? Has this just been their pre season? Or will we continue to get what we've been getting?

the-pi-guy

I expect it to get much better with their next showing.

It's just been awkward because it's been very dev focused (getting ahead of leaks even for some stuff) and some stuff was delayed by Corona Virus concerns.

kitler53

it all comes down to this for me:  do they have a next gen exclusive to showcase and does that game look and feel next gen?

for ps4 the showcase piece was killzone and infamous.  both looked and felt fantastic compared to their ps3 counterparts.   for ps5 it will probably be horizon 2 so how good does the game look?  does the game have new gameplay elements that feel like they could not be done on current gen hardware?

i could somewhat say the same for the OS.  what features are being added that will make my gaming life better? 

if they have a great game and an improved OS it will be a great show.  if the new games reveal is anything like xbox's first reveal next gen is sooo iced.

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

the-pi-guy

It's pretty much been small stuff like the logo, specs.  
The only big showing was mostly composed of small third party titles.  
I think it's a case where the only way to go from here is up.  Whenever either company gets around to showing off their first party titles, it's going to be big almost certainly.  
The only way I could imagine it getting messed up, is if for some reason they decided to just do 1 game at a time.  Announce Horizon 2, wait a month, announce something else.  

That would still be okay, but a big show is always preferable to me.  

Legend

It's pretty much been small stuff like the logo, specs.  
The only big showing was mostly composed of small third party titles.  
I think it's a case where the only way to go from here is up.  Whenever either company gets around to showing off their first party titles, it's going to be big almost certainly.  
The only way I could imagine it getting messed up, is if for some reason they decided to just do 1 game at a time.  Announce Horizon 2, wait a month, announce something else.  

That would still be okay, but a big show is always preferable to me.  
What if they announce Horizon 2 just like Valhalla? I think there are ways to mess it up even if come launch the games are awesome.

the-pi-guy

What if they announce Horizon 2 just like Valhalla? I think there are ways to mess it up even if come launch the games are awesome.
I am not completely sure.  

Maybe it'd be nice to have some big new announcement every couple months.

Although maybe not.  E3 in a weird kind of way might temper expectations. If you spend all year looking forward to E3, you probably aren't waiting as much for random games to drop on a semimonthly basis.  

the-pi-guy

Jeff Grubb: PS5 Reveal Event in June 4 To Feature "An Entire Slate of Games. A lot" | ResetEra

PlayStation 5 Reveal Event To Have An Entire Slate Of Games. that's according to Jeff Grubb who posted on also Twitter a slew of events for the rest of the summer. Last week Microsft held an Inside XBOX event that promised to show off next-gen gameplay. Although it did, in fact, show off games coming to next-gen it left a lot of gamers kind of underwhelmed.  Click to expand... Click to shrink...  
In his list of events, Jeff Grubb has "Slate of PlayStation" set for June 4th, 2020. This is the same date that has been rumored for the PlayStation 5 reveal for a while now. When responding to a fan Jeff Grubb clarifies that the State of PlayStation "Should be an entire slate of games. A lot. Whether this is all PlayStation 5 titles or some PS4 titles as well is something we'll have to wait and see.  Click to expand... Click to shrink...  
https://www.psu.com/news/playstation-5-reveal-event-to-have-an-entire-slate-of-games/  
[/size]

Grubb has been pushing hard on June 4th being a huge reveal.

kitler53

Jeff Grubb: PS5 Reveal Event in June 4 To Feature "An Entire Slate of Games. A lot" | ResetEra

https://www.psu.com/news/playstation-5-reveal-event-to-have-an-entire-slate-of-games/  

Grubb has been pushing hard on June 4th being a huge reveal.
i'll believe it when i see sony announce it.

we've had too many of these insiders claim they know when the reveal will be.   at some point someone will be right for the same reason a broken clock is right twice a day.   but i just can't put any faith into these rumors.  too many people trying to claim insider status for the clicks revenue to believe anyone.

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens