Xbox Series X gameplay reveal event

Started by Legend, Apr 30, 2020, 04:11 PM

previous topic - next topic

Linked Events

Go Down

Legend

Legend

Legend

Not much hype in here. Guess I'll bring my own!

AC Valhalla. Gonna be amazing.

Lord of the rings might be there.

Could see a Harry Potter game.

Maybe Star Wars 2?

I hope this is like a 3rd party e3.

Xevross

May 04, 2020, 09:41 PM Last Edit: May 04, 2020, 09:43 PM by Xevross
Not much hype in here. Guess I'll bring my own!

AC Valhalla. Gonna be amazing.

Lord of the rings might be there.

Could see a Harry Potter game.

Maybe Star Wars 2?

I hope this is like a 3rd party e3.
I'm excited, its a next gen showcase for everyone so it should be good stuff. Whatever there is I just hope its good and there's a lot of it, next gen first year needs to be stacked with games.

Disagree on AC Valhalla though, I'm rather scared. A series I considered my favourite video game series until not too long ago is getting worse and worse right now for me, I'm afraid it will continue. If it looks like another big and empty open world I'll be sad.

kitler53

i'm not hyped but i am curious.  i'm not into AC so that doesn't do anything for me.  i don't expect this to be a huge blowout of games so i kinda figure AC will be the headliner and everything else will be worse.  i'll still check it out but eh,.. no hype from me. 

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

Legend

I'm excited, its a next gen showcase for everyone so it should be good stuff. Whatever there is I just hope its good and there's a lot of it, next gen first year needs to be stacked with games.

Disagree on AC Valhalla though, I'm rather scared. A series I considered my favourite video game series until not too long ago is getting worse and worse right now for me, I'm afraid it will continue. If it looks like another big and empty open world I'll be sad.
I'm only 20 hours into Odyssey but I think I'm liking it more than Origins, despite it being worse in a lot of ways. The newer stuff they have going on with dialogue choices and leadership changes make me hopeful that Valhalla can expand on that while making the map more condensed.

i'm not hyped but i am curious.  i'm not into AC so that doesn't do anything for me.  i don't expect this to be a huge blowout of games so i kinda figure AC will be the headliner and everything else will be worse.  i'll still check it out but eh,.. no hype from me.
It's Microsoft and 2020 so who knows. Could be larger than most E3s since so many 3rd parties have stuff to show, or it could be just AC + next gen ports.

Lots of people are hyping this up to be a blowout so I'm just joining the zeitgeist, even if it blows up in our faces.

As a dev I'm really really nervous/excited to see what other people are managing to run on next gen hardware. I'm using a heavy art style since I'm just one dude but I still need to look like I belong as a next gen exclusive.

kitler53

May 04, 2020, 11:39 PM Last Edit: May 04, 2020, 11:52 PM by kitler53
It's Microsoft and 2020 so who knows. Could be larger than most E3s since so many 3rd parties have stuff to show, or it could be just AC + next gen ports.

Lots of people are hyping this up to be a blowout so I'm just joining the zeitgeist, even if it blows up in our faces.
i highly doubt it.  yes third parties lost e3.  but there are the events from geoff and gamespot or whatever.  there is sony's reveal.    ..and regardless this is just youtube so there is no reason developers can't announce solo.

...and i'm pretty sure spencer said he had plans for several events over the course of the year.  no way this has more than three AAA games announced and they will be the obvious ones:
AC
CoD
Forza

also it will havily feature already announced games like hellblade.

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

the-pi-guy

.and regardless this is just youtube so there is no reason developers can't announce solo.
Announcing during one of the mega events will give a lot more traction than just uploading to their own youtube channel.  

If you're Ubisoft, your channel will mostly reach out to Ubisoft fans.  
But if you're running a huge show where people are expecting lots of games from Ubisoft + MS + EA + etc, you're going to have a lot of people who wouldn't normally watch a Ubisoft channel.

Legend

i highly doubt it.  yes third parties lost e3.  but there are the events from geoff and gamespot or whatever.  there is sony's reveal.    ..and regardless this is just youtube so there is no reason developers can't announce solo.

...and i'm pretty sure spencer said he had plans for several events over the course of the year.  no way this has more than three AAA games announced and they will be the obvious ones:
AC
CoD
Forza

also it will havily feature already announced games like hellblade.

This is just 3rd party. Ms has a 1st party event later.

I don't expect it to be big, I just hope it is.

Prince of persia could be one of the new games.

Legend

Less than an hour!

Might have just saw a tlou2 spoiler on resetera. Thanks mister.

Legend

Legend

15 minutes!!!!!!

the-pi-guy

Less than an hour!

Might have just saw a tlou2 spoiler on resetera. Thanks mister.

Legend

Yeah people can't complain about seeing a spoiler by posting said spoiler outside a spoiler  :P

Legend

Go Up