Started by Legend, Apr 30, 2020, 04:11 PM

previous topic - next topic

Linked Events

Go Down

Legend

Video was removed :'(

the-pi-guy

MS deleted all the comments.

2 Ton is on here twice. Right next to the other.

the-pi-guy

It's also really weird how big that logo is.  why is it the biggest logo?  I thought it might have been edited after the fact, but nope. They did it in the trailer too.  

They called Halo Infinite, the World's most anticipated game.  Also they bring up "gameplay" a few times.

DerNebel

Just look at the ratings on these videos.
I swear the second one had like 12k dislikes an hour ago or so. Now it's at 9.5k.

the-pi-guy

I swear the second one had like 12k dislikes an hour ago or so. Now it's at 9.5k.
They removed the video earlier.

kitler53

May 07, 2020, 06:03 PM Last Edit: May 07, 2020, 06:52 PM by kitler53
And kitler didn't expect new games lol /s
first half of the show done and nothing huge yet
i highly doubt it.  yes third parties lost e3.  but there are the events from geoff and gamespot or whatever.  there is sony's reveal.    ..and regardless this is just youtube so there is no reason developers can't announce solo.

...and i'm pretty sure spencer said he had plans for several events over the course of the year.  no way this has more than three AAA games announced and they will be the obvious ones:
AC
CoD
Forza

also it will havily feature already announced games like hellblade.

@Legend - i didn't say no games,.. i said not more than 3 AAA games in response to hype you were trying to build that this would be a "blow out" of announcements.   i haven't watched the show yet but based on a few quotes like the one xevross said i'm going to assume that my post was 100% accurate.  seems like a decent number of games but they are small titles that aren't generating excitement.

Wow yikes if that's it and its just AC now. Think MS disappointed here, made next gen look like just upscaled xbox one. Their first blunder?
probably.    since MS is committed to "2 years of cross gen" their first party games will be "current genny" as well as someone said earlier.  only sony's next gen exclusive (imo) has any chance of being impressive.   ...but even those have a good chance to disappoint.  graphics can only be polished so far and advances in level design will likely be hard to communicate in a marketing video.   here's hoping for the best though.

Okay, i watched the show now.  you all are right, a pretty disappointing "next gen game play showcase".    it certainty didn't help that most of those developers were basically no-name indies or some of the smaller known 3rd party studios that produce some of the worst graphics each gen.    i mean, has yakuza ever looked "on par" with what the other developers are making???  no.

but yeah, some were just outright terrible.   that bloodlines game  could be release on current gen and still be considered bad graphics.  and lol at including a twin stick shooter in the show case.

anyways, i have faith that the better developers will be doing much better on the hardware then what was shown here.

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

Legend

@Legend - i didn't say no games,..
Ya I know, that's why I had the /s tag. You were very right.

kitler53

Ya I know, that's why I had the /s tag. You were very right.
oops.  i skipped right over the /s.

sorry for getting feisty then.  

Xevross

It's also really weird how big that logo is.  why is it the biggest logo?  I thought it might have been edited after the fact, but nope. They did it in the trailer too.  

They called Halo Infinite, the World's most anticipated game.  Also they bring up "gameplay" a few times.
Yeah xbox has always been weird with stuff like that. In what world is Halo infinite the most anticipated game? It ain't this one. In fact I'd say its way down the list even for this year. TLOU2, Cyberpunk and hell even AC Valhalla are way more hyped. Halo probably has about the same level of interest as Ghost of Tsushima, maybe even less.

Their obsession with using the word gameplay in the show was so weird, its like they thought they could convince us that there was some gameplay there if they just said it enough.

Dr. Pezus

Some interesting games there but shouldn't really be their first next generation showcase, as others have said. Not showing much gameplay also gives the impression that the games aren't close to ready

Legend

kitler53

looks like a good twin stick shooter,.. just a very odd game to include in this "next-gen showcase".   to me it looks like a more detailed dead nation which launched on ps3 or a much slower alien nation which was on ps4.  nothing about this looks or feels next gen.

Go Up