When will Sony reveal PS5?

Started by Legend, Jun 09, 2019, 12:28 AM

previous topic - next topic

Legend

All signs point to Microsoft having a full reveal of their next gen system tomorrow. Sony got ahead of this by officially confirming PS5 is happening, but when will its equivalent reveal be?

If Nextbox releases next holiday, is Microsoft going to have a full 12 months of being the only revealed next gen system? Or will Sony have to reveal PS5 in a few months?

Or what if Nextbox releases early 2020? Could it fully release before PS5 is even revealed?

We'll know a lot more in 24 hours but still. Kinda crazy situation to be in.

Dr. Pezus

All signs point to Microsoft having a full reveal of their next gen system tomorrow. Sony got ahead of this by officially confirming PS5 is happening, but when will its equivalent reveal be?

If Nextbox releases next holiday, is Microsoft going to have a full 12 months of being the only revealed next gen system? Or will Sony have to reveal PS5 in a few months?

Or what if Nextbox releases early 2020? Could it fully release before PS5 is even revealed?

We'll know a lot more in 24 hours but still. Kinda crazy situation to be in.
Well MS announced their system two years ago iirc. Or was it last year?

Legend

Well MS announced their system two years ago iirc. Or was it last year?
Yeah they announced it last year in a similar sense to Sony's PS5 comments a few weeks ago.

Tomorrow seems to their big reveal where we actually get more than just a name and trivial info.

the-pi-guy

I wasn't expecting MS to announce so early.

I was thinking Sony would announce PS5 similar to how they announced PS4.  A big showing in February, and E3.  But I would find it a bit hard to believe that they'd let MS get such a long jump on them.  

I'm going to say:

50% chance of December showing this year.  
40% chance of February showing early next year.  
10% chance of E3 showing next year.