Nickelodeon launches Avatar Studios

Started by the-pi-guy, Feb 25, 2021, 02:45 AM

previous topic - next topic

the-pi-guy

'Avatar: The Last Airbender' To Expand With Launch Of Avatar Studios - Deadline

Nickelodeon is launching Avatar Studios, a division designed to create original content spanning animated series and movies based on the franchise's world.

The original creators and executive producers Michael DiMartino and Bryan Konietzko will run the studio as co-chief creative officers, reporting to Ramsey Naito, President, Nickelodeon Animation.

Avatar Studios will produce content for platforms including Paramount+ and Nickelodeon as well as third-party platforms and theatrical releases.

The first project is an animated theatrical film that is set to start production later this year.

Xevross

kitler53

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

Xevross

the-pi-guy

It's the original creators at least.

darkknightkryta

I'm surprised at this the more I think about it.  They literally did everything they could to kill Korra; now they're going back to the well... On top of that, the live action Avatar show got canned (Or stuck in hell).

the-pi-guy

I'm surprised at this the more I think about it.  They literally did everything they could to kill Korra; now they're going back to the well... On top of that, the live action Avatar show got canned (Or stuck in hell).
Avatar was huge on Netflix.  I think it was the most watched thing for a few weeks.

darkknightkryta

Avatar was huge on Netflix.  I think it was the most watched thing for a few weeks.
Of course it is, the show's amazing.  I'm just saying, with the way they treated Korra (Like Sony treats Japan Studios...ZING!) I'm surprised they're making an entire studio around Avatar.  Plus didn't the live action show shame the bed?

the-pi-guy

Of course it is, the show's amazing.  I'm just saying, with the way they treated Korra (Like Sony treats Japan Studios...ZING!) I'm surprised they're making an entire studio around Avatar.  Plus didn't the live action show shame the bed?
>Plus didn't the live action show shame the bed?

The creators left the live action, but we don't know how bad it is yet.