Republican South Dakota attorney general murders a man in a hit and run

Started by kitler53, Sep 15, 2020, 03:50 PM

previous topic - next topic

kitler53

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/south-dakota-attorney-general-jason-ravnsbog-reported-hitting-deer-actually-killed-man-Legend-boever/

South Dakota Attorney General Jason Ravnsborg reported hitting a deer with his car on Saturday night but actually killed a pedestrian whose body was not found until the next day, state investigators said Monday. Ravnsborg's office has said he immediately called 911 after the accident on a rural stretch of U.S. Highway 14 and did not realize he had hit a man until the body was found.
he claims he didn't know it was a person he hit with his truck because he thought he hit a deer.   ...but c'mon, that is the most battleship excuse i've ever heard.

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

Xevross

Even if it was a deer you'd still stop and check. Its illegal here to be in any collision and not stop, is that the case in America too?

kitler53

Even if it was a deer you'd still stop and check. Its illegal here to be in any collision and not stop, is that the case in America too?
I doubt this is a law at the federal level so it would depend on the state.  I know it was illegal in wisconsin.  

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

the-pi-guy

It's illegal.
It's called a hit and run.

I know it was illegal in wisconsin.  
:o